Does anyone know when requests will be reopened?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Does anyone know when requests will be reopened?

Post by Yukaphile »

Since I plan to buy some anime requests.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
TGLS
Captain

Re: Does anyone know when requests will be reopened?

Post by TGLS »

I expect by the year 20XX, when the queue is starting to look a little empty.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

TGLS wrote:I expect by the year 20XX, when the queue is starting to look a little empty.

In the year 2525....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yesyhQkYrQM
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Yukaphile wrote:Since I plan to buy some anime requests.
There is a fair bit of good science-fiction to be found within anime, to be sure.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

He's been opening up the queue periodically in order to flesh out stuff already on the schedule like pairing off some Doctor Who episodes or more Beast Wars in order to give better context to stuff already on the docket... but I think his current backlog is something like 3-5 years deep depending on the category (trek ep, movie, half hour show), if not more, so it's probably going to be a long while before he opens up full blown new requests again.

(And even then he'll probably be hesitant to take on entirely new shows when there's already dozens he's only done partials on. I mean, he's only episode 7 of Gurren Laggan and episode 2 of Robotech, for instance. And I know for sure all of Full Moon was commissioned so that's still got another 26 episodes to go so that's half a year by itself even if he does start combining them.

He is taking requests for movies, but even those are on long term schedules of waiting.
Last edited by RobbyB1982 on Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I don't remember if it was in an old-forum forum post or one of the Patreon Q&As but I think he mentioned last year that he had something around six years worth of backlog in the anime-holding pipeline to get through before that queue would run out. Considering that he's also opened limited-offer windows for a few specific requests since then, some of them large projects like SWTOR playthroughs, it might even be more than six years from the current point.
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

Yukaphile wrote:Since I plan to buy some anime requests.

Oh god please let it not be something that drags like Full Moon o_O
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Nah, I was actually hoping to buy the 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime, and then the Fate/Zero anime. Fate actually runs a large spectrum in terms of genre. It has love, it has hope, it has despair, tragedy, action, philosophy, you name it, it's got it. What I love also is the moral ambiguity. Lots of characters within the verse are more of a shade of gray, and even for those that are very clear-cut good or bad, there are alternate takes where their choices take another turn. For me, personally, what appeals to me the most about Fate is the love story between Saber and Shirou, It's like an updated version of the fairy tale romance, and it is very engaging and beautiful and hilarious and tearjerking and tragic.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

SabreMau wrote:I don't remember if it was in an old-forum forum post or one of the Patreon Q&As but I think he mentioned last year that he had something around six years worth of backlog in the anime-holding pipeline to get through before that queue would run out. Considering that he's also opened limited-offer windows for a few specific requests since then, some of them large projects like SWTOR playthroughs, it might even be more than six years from the current point.
I remember it being 1-2 years for Trek, 3-4 years for other Western sci-fi and 5+ for anime but my memory may be a bit spotty. I've currently got 4 things in the queue (2 Trek, 1 B5 and 1 other) but I'm in no rush for Chuck to get around to them, especially seeing how busy he's been lately and the great stuff he's been putting out in the meantime. The 'Trek January' coming up in particular will be brilliant if the first week (which I saw via Patreon) is anything to go by. :-D
DAv
Redshirt

Post by DAv »

Yukaphile wrote:Nah, I was actually hoping to buy the 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime,
Why do you hate Chuck so much to subject him to that?