Does anyone know when requests will be reopened?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Sir Will
Officer

Re: Does anyone know when requests will be reopened?

Post by Sir Will »

Ghilz wrote:
Yukaphile wrote:Since I plan to buy some anime requests.

Oh god please let it not be something that drags like Full Moon o_O
My heart sank when I watched the first one of those. I haven't actually watched any more of it >_> This, this is what we get the whole series of? Ugh.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

At least Full Moon made me think of Chuck playing Mitsuki's grandmother when seeing parts of Coco.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

What's wrong with Fate?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Well, it IS a full 24-episode season story arc. It took 35 months to cover that much of Full Moon.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

The guy that actually requested Full Moon seems pretty crazy about it, but everyone else seems... less keen on it. I guess that's how other people feel about the MLP episodes. (Which at least had a lead it with John Delancie playing basically Q.) The second half of Full Moon is subtitled only so I think Chuck is going to start doing those eps in packages to get through it a little faster...

but yes, people requesting entire series in one go (especially 52 episodes of a series all at once) is part of the reason for the eternal backlog. Keep it down to 13 episode series maybe? (I'm culpable, I in tandem with other people helped flesh out Beast Wars to be most of the remainder of the series.)

Heck, I like Escaflowne and Gurren Laggan quite a lot but 26 episodes of them, when its going to get like 3-4 episodes a year is just... not the best.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

It could be worse. I could be requesting episodes of Pokemon, Dragon Ball, or Yu Yu Hakusho. LOL. Those are 100+ episodes. Way over 100 episodes.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Fate/Stay Night is one of the few anime series I never made it through. It gives early TNG a run for its money for how slow-paced and frankly boring it could be.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Yukaphile wrote:It could be worse. I could be requesting episodes of Pokemon, Dragon Ball, or Yu Yu Hakusho. LOL. Those are 100+ episodes. Way over 100 episodes.
I would imagine Chuck would turn down any series hundreds of episodes in length for the same reason he doesn't do Buffy, and didn't used to do Stargate.

Plus, those are heavily decompressed filler laden shows where it would be a waste of everyone's time to go episode by episode. Especially given that Chuck usually breaks lengthy fight scenes down to "they fight and they fight and they fight and they fight" and suddenly he's covered 10 episodes of Dragonball in about 5 seconds. (And we have DBZ abridged for that.)

And pokemon is so formulaic and repetitive it would also be pointless to go episode by episode. You could maybe pick out some highlights, but there's no real character growth or formula change, and even the show itself starts copying episode plots scene for scene between seasons. 20 years and 800 episodes later and the eps are still pretty interchangeable, albeit they switch up the sidekicks every couple year.

If I were to request a show like Nadia (which I love) no way would I subject everyone to all 39 episodes. Absolutely cut out the island filler, and probably a bunch of the episodes where they're just on the sub underwater about to be killed. Trim that 39 down to a friendlier 12 or so.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I was just kidding, lol. But I do have my eye set on Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero someday.
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

RobbyB1982 wrote:The guy that actually requested Full Moon seems pretty crazy about it, but everyone else seems... less keen on it. I guess that's how other people feel about the MLP episodes. (Which at least had a lead it with John Delancie playing basically Q.) The second half of Full Moon is subtitled only so I think Chuck is going to start doing those eps in packages to get through it a little faster...

but yes, people requesting entire series in one go (especially 52 episodes of a series all at once) is part of the reason for the eternal backlog. Keep it down to 13 episode series maybe? (I'm culpable, I in tandem with other people helped flesh out Beast Wars to be most of the remainder of the series.)

Heck, I like Escaflowne and Gurren Laggan quite a lot but 26 episodes of them, when its going to get like 3-4 episodes a year is just... not the best.
I don't follow MLP but I can enjoy the reviews because they are more sporadic, and well... stuff happens? Outside of the Grandma Jokes, Full Moon is a drag.