Star Trek (TAS): The Counter-Clock Incident

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Re: Star Trek (TAS): The Counter-Clock Incident

Post by CrypticMirror »

This is the absolute worst episode of TAS for me. It is so bad I'm not even going to watch the review of it, sorry Chuck, because even if Chuck hated it there would still be no joy in him doing a Night in Sickbay or even a Shades of Grey on it. It is so bad I just want to pretend it never existed. There are other episodes of Trek I want to pretend never existed (like that TNG episode with Worf's brother and the holodeck rescue) but I'll watch reviews of those okay, but this? It is literally the worst Trek ever made; worse than anything else with the Trek brand on it. Worse even than the pocketbooks novels with the Mary Sue lead character. Worse even than all the Mary Sue fanfic. The absolute nadir of all things Trek.

Also, the idea that people shouldn't have to retire is one of the things that have roundly buggered the economy. There are 80 year old boomers still holding up promotions, blocking career progression under them for decades. Just retire already.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

Edvarius wrote:Whenever this "reverse aging" stuff comes up I can't help but wonder how the people involved actually, you know, give birth. It seems like something that could be a bit of a problem if they're starting out full grown.
They don't. People in the backwards universe compose slowly underground, and then at some point climb out of a grave.
CrypticMirror
Captain

Post by CrypticMirror »

Durandal_1707 wrote:
Edvarius wrote:Whenever this "reverse aging" stuff comes up I can't help but wonder how the people involved actually, you know, give birth. It seems like something that could be a bit of a problem if they're starting out full grown.
They don't. People in the backwards universe compose slowly underground, and then at some point climb out of a grave.
Hah, I knew it. Zombies, they are all zombies!
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Durandal_1707 wrote:
The real problem is what happens at the end of their lives.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

J!! wrote:
Durandal_1707 wrote:
The real problem is what happens at the end of their lives.
Not really, because he just pointed out what happens at the end of their lives, they come out of their graves. The interesting thing is what happens at the beginning of their life, when the Zygote divides into an egg an a sperm and make their way to their respective points of origin.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

Yes, but not before having their shrunken, helpless bodies forced up their mothers' vaginas, in a painful, hours-long procedure.
jstrahan
Officer

Post by jstrahan »

CrypticMirror wrote: Also, the idea that people shouldn't have to retire is one of the things that have roundly buggered the economy. There are 80 year old boomers still holding up promotions, blocking career progression under them for decades. Just retire already.
Ask that again when you are that age. I'd be willing to bet that your attitude will be different (as mine is). Also, a minor point, but the oldest 'Boomer' is 72 (born in 1946).
Edvarius
Officer

Post by Edvarius »

J!! wrote:Yes, but not before having their shrunken, helpless bodies forced up their mothers' vaginas, in a painful, hours-long procedure.
Shouldn't that be "daughter's vaginas" in these cases?
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

This comes to mind:

youtu.be/yt7GDIM2TuA
Fianna
Captain

Post by Fianna »

CrypticMirror wrote:Also, the idea that people shouldn't have to retire is one of the things that have roundly buggered the economy. There are 80 year old boomers still holding up promotions, blocking career progression under them for decades. Just retire already.
And what if they're in good enough health to live for another ten or twenty years? That's a long time to survive with no income.

Though since Star Trek doesn't use money, that's not terribly relevant here.