10 Years of SFDebris

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BunBun299
Officer

Re: 10 Years of SFDebris

Post by BunBun299 »

I think I've been watching for 8 or 9 of those years. A friend linked me to some early videos, back when there was the old site and the reviews were still on YouTube. I remember finding it amusing as when the show shifted to Blip that they suddenly became a bit longer than YouTube allowed at the time.

I plan to keep watching, and being a Patron, for as long as the show continues. Hope we see a 20th anniversary.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I think I might have started watching SFDebris because of Poparena, but I'm not sure? I know I was a fan long ago enough for the great Youtube Purge.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I don't remember how I found his reviews at first, but I remember being there for when the switch from YouTube to Blip happened.

And I, for one, am happy that GitS:SAC made it into yet another celebration video, even if it wasn't that shot of the Major's ass again. :lol:

Thanks Chuck, I've really enjoyed your work over the years since I found you, and you're something of an inspiration for me in that I plan to start my own video reviews some time after I finish my degree. :)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
TheLibrarian
Redshirt

Post by TheLibrarian »

Congratulations on 10 years, Chuck!
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

I'm trying to find the version of this song used in the music video for my iPod. Sadly, it's proving difficult.
J!!
Captain

Post by J!! »

i remember how i found SFdebris; i was reading the tvropes page for informed attributes, which had a link to the Outrageous Okana video, which was still on youtube at the time. i don't remember how many years ago that was, but i think the Encounter at Farpoint review was only a few weeks old at the time.

so yeah, it's been a while.

over that time, chuck's videos have helped me to develop a much more analytical and nuanced understanding and appreciation for storytelling, not just as entertainment, but as an artform.

So for that, i want to say a very deep and personal Thank You to Chuck. Any future creative success I may have will be in part thanks to your help. And even if I don't ever see any such success, Thanks anyway, because just having that appreciation and understanding makes me a better person.
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

J!! wrote:i remember how i found SFdebris; i was reading the tvropes page for informed attributes, which had a link to the Outrageous Okana video, which was still on youtube at the time. i don't remember how many years ago that was, but i think the Encounter at Farpoint review was only a few weeks old at the time.

so yeah, it's been a while.

over that time, chuck's videos have helped me to develop a much more analytical and nuanced understanding and appreciation for storytelling, not just as entertainment, but as an artform.

So for that, i want to say a very deep and personal Thank You to Chuck. Any future creative success I may have will be in part thanks to your help. And even if I don't ever see any such success, Thanks anyway, because just having that appreciation and understanding makes me a better person.
Funny enough that quote is also how I discovered his stuff, though that wasn't until three or four years ago.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

BunBun299 wrote:I'm trying to find the version of this song used in the music video for my iPod. Sadly, it's proving difficult.
From what I've seen, it's not available on iTunes or Amazon for digital download. You have to buy the soundtrack CD to "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".

It's only a bit over seven bucks on Amazon. Strangely enough the orchestral soundtrack is available for streaming, but not the album.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

Steve wrote:
BunBun299 wrote:I'm trying to find the version of this song used in the music video for my iPod. Sadly, it's proving difficult.
From what I've seen, it's not available on iTunes or Amazon for digital download. You have to buy the soundtrack CD to "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure".

It's only a bit over seven bucks on Amazon. Strangely enough the orchestral soundtrack is available for streaming, but not the album.
Thanks for the info. Guess I'll have to buy the CD.
Petike
Redshirt

Post by Petike »

Took me long enough to finally find this thread ! Thanks for starting it, DAv.

These last ten years... What a journey it has been ! :)

Glad to have SF Debris as a reviewer, I've always felt he's among the most thoughtful on the Internet.

Here's to 10 more years ! All the best to Chuck and his family.

May we have plenty of more laughs and stuff to think about in the show's second decade.