Upcoming Films

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: Upcoming Films

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Speaking of Sony, David Goyer is reportedly in talks to direct the next He-man movie for Sony. I know Goyer directed the Dark Knight movies, Man of Steel, and Bats vs. Supes. I'm... I'm trying to picture a dark and gritty He-man. The key word being "trying." I don't know much about He-man -- I've never seen an episode -- so maybe this is do-able. The best I can come up with is, "Stop your &@^# sniveling, Cringer, or I'm going to @&$% have a new &^# rug."
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

David Goyer also wrote two episodes for Justice League Unlimited 'Task Force X' and 'Darkheart'. I think that tone COULD work with He-man...a little more serious than the 80's animated series, but still carrying some fun into the mix.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Ordo wrote:David Goyer also wrote two episodes for Justice League Unlimited 'Task Force X' and 'Darkheart'. I think that tone COULD work with He-man...a little more serious than the 80's animated series, but still carrying some fun into the mix.
And I just became more optimistic about this; those are a couple of my favorite episodes. Thanks, Ordo.
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

I guess there is still no confidence in the actor.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Considering all the production troubles the Solo movie has been suffering, if it turns out to be any good it'll be a story of triumph over adversity regardless of the movie's actual plot.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fixer wrote:Considering all the production troubles the Solo movie has been suffering, if it turns out to be any good it'll be a story of triumph over adversity regardless of the movie's actual plot.
Adversity being infinite Disney money.

Who sold his house to make this movie?
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Agent Vinod wrote:Adversity being infinite Disney money.

Who sold his house to make this movie?
Adversity need not only be financial. There's a long history of well funded movies being destroyed by managerial interference or terrible production and casting choices.

What is it, 80% of the movie had to be reshot and the lead had to have an acting coach?
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

youtu.be/dNW0B0HsvVs
Full trailer....Lando feels like Lando...but Han...not sure what it is but he's not nailing it in these shots. That said, I'm not against him at this point.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Danny Glover definitely has the Calrissian smile nailed down :D