Upcoming Films

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Ordo
Officer

Re: Upcoming Films

Post by Ordo »

One of the things I like about what I've seen, is that the Empire seems to be taking a back seat. I mean I didn't expect any Jedi to show up in this...but I honestly thought the Empire would have a larger presence. As it stands it looks like Bounty Hunters and various criminals will be the main antagonists of this film...which I approve of as it gives us a chance to expand the galaxy.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Ordo wrote:
youtu.be/dNW0B0HsvVs
Full trailer....Lando feels like Lando...but Han...not sure what it is but he's not nailing it in these shots. That said, I'm not against him at this point.
Feels more Starlord than Han.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

Am I correct in assuming that "Qi'ra" is the GFFA spelling of "Kira"?
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

Yeah, I'm... I mean, my backside will be on a cinema seat, that was always a given, but I don't feel anything really after watching the trailer. There's some people, they're in the Star Wars galaxy, heist-type things are happening, yay - it seemed pretty middle-of-the-road, no-risk so far as trailer design goes.

Honestly I'm mainly hoping it'll be good so I end up feeling okay about how much I'm pretty sure I'm going to spend on the associated Lego sets, and I feel like Han Solo should be able to command a little bit more excitement than that.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

If I wasn't watching it for free, I probably wouldn't go see it. I don't really have any real interest over the whole "It's young Han Solo!" concept, and at a glance it seems like one of the hundreds of pre-Disney EU novels they made, except this time it's in movie form. And he's not even fistfighting a giant otter this time.

Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

SabreMau wrote:If I wasn't watching it for free, I probably wouldn't go see it. I don't really have any real interest over the whole "It's young Han Solo!" concept, and at a glance it seems like one of the hundreds of pre-Disney EU novels they made, except this time it's in movie form. And he's not even fistfighting a giant otter this time.

The Daley and Crispin books are great. I have my doubts about Disney matching their awesomeness.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

GandALF wrote:Am I correct in assuming that "Qi'ra" is the GFFA spelling of "Kira"?
Star Wars already has its Kira and she is awesome. Although still missing.

As for thoughts on the new movie, I think the actor playing Han is going to be a huge problem. He doesn't look or sound like Han Solo or seem to carry any of his natural charisma.

He was okay in the teaser clip but there's something seriously off about him in that final part where he says "I thought we were in trouble there for a moment."
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ordo
Officer

Post by Ordo »

Fixer wrote:
GandALF wrote:Am I correct in assuming that "Qi'ra" is the GFFA spelling of "Kira"?

As for thoughts on the new movie, I think the actor playing Han is going to be a huge problem. He doesn't look or sound like Han Solo or seem to carry any of his natural charisma.

He was okay in the teaser clip but there's something seriously off about him in that final part where he says "I thought we were in trouble there for a moment."
It might be a matter of direction, the previous directors supposedly had trouble with the actor playing Han Solo. Their Directing style may just not have been the right choice to allow this actor to shine in the role.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Ordo wrote:
Fixer wrote:

It might be a matter of direction, the previous directors supposedly had trouble with the actor playing Han Solo. Their Directing style may just not have been the right choice to allow this actor to shine in the role.
Or the right actor might not exist. :?:
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

Did they use him as a reference?

youtu.be/74_5iEJFAaM
Fixer wrote: Star Wars already has its Kira and she is awesome.
Bit of a Mara Jade clone though.