My Little Pony: Springier Equine-Ox Bloc

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: My Little Pony: Springier Equine-Ox Bloc

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Frick, now I want to find that fanart explaining why Twilight Sparkle is a bad librarian but keyword-wise it's a hopeless task. ><
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Independent George wrote:
AlucardNoir wrote:How much do you want to bet the Hasbro mandate was to destroy or remove the library from the show? let's now forget how they treated Optimus in the Transformers movie [the good one]. Hasbro isn't run by people who watch the shows they put out, it's run by middle managers that are more interested in tax rebates then the led content of their toys.

Story wise they didn't have to destroy the library, marketing wise they did. Marketing doesn't do stories, marketing doesn't do subtle. Marketing does WWII era propaganda and calls it advertising.
Well, seeing as how the Hasbro website has neither the library nor the castle playset for sale, I'm not quite so confident in your assertion that this was merchandise driven. There are exactly four playsets on the website: two are tie-ins to the movie, one is for the crystal empire, and one is for Equestria girls.

Dammit, now that's going to be in my search history, thank you very much.
Twilight's Kingdom - the episode(s) we're discussing aired on the 10th of May 2014. Almost 4 years ago. Since then Hasbro has released 3 more seasons of MLP:FIM and one movie. That's 3, 26 episodes per season seasons, with and average 22 minutes per episode plus a 99 minute movie.( sigh)

Now, the movie wasn't some big hit, but at 66 million dollars worldwide I doubt it was a flop. I'm not surprised Hasbro Marketing was all over the hot new toy commercial and ignored the TV series with it's ever decreasing ratings - at least when it comes to toys and toy sets. But you don't need to worry, in 2014 Hasbro was all over the new castle. The same way the Crystal empire and Crystal ponies were at the front of Hasbro's marketing efforts around the same time the episodes that introduced them aired during season 3. In the case of Hasbro cartoons it's not the shows that dictate what the toys will be but the toys that dictate the shows plot.
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

AlucardNoir, have you seen like, ANY of SFDebris's MLP reviews? Including this one?
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

so am i the only one who wants to see him review equesria girls?

i think he would like sunsets character alot do to her growth
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

so am i the only one who wants to see him review equesria girls?

i think he would like sunsets character alot do to her growth
AlucardNoir
Officer

Post by AlucardNoir »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote:AlucardNoir, have you seen like, ANY of SFDebris's MLP reviews? Including this one?
Yes, all of them, why?
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

Honestly find your argument fairly weak Alucard, since it basically boils down to "Hasbro is a toy company", while everyone else has pointed out how it makes sense and works from a story perspective. Another reason is even if you could prove it was mandated by Hasbro, it doesn't automatically follow that the writers put no thought into it.
Rocketboy1313
Captain

Post by Rocketboy1313 »

Also, Hasbro is not the same company they were in 1986.
They redacted Duke's death in the GIJoe movie after Optimus' death was so poorly received.
The idea that the people running the show now (many of which would have grown up with these toys) would pull the hangman's lever without consideration for the CULTURAL PHENOMENON that was the series is kind of stupid.
My Blog: http://rocketboy1313.blogspot.com/
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Rocketboy1313
My Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/rocketboy1313
My Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/13rocketboy13
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

I was worried about Hasbro interference into the series back in the lead up to season 3 when I heard about the mandate to market the Crystal Ponies. These worries turned out to be for nothing. The story on the show was still focused on the Mane Six and Spike. Even in the few episodes that have featured the Crystal Empire and Crystal Ponies.

Hasbro may tell them to sell a new toy on occasion, but they let the show runners tell the stories as they like. I do suspect that Twilight's Castle was something Hasbro ordered them to sell. But I think the destruction of Golden Oak Library was always going to happen like that. I just think the original plan was for Twilight to move into Celestia and Luna's old castle in the Everfree Forrest. There were several episodes devoted to it getting cleaned up through out season 4. But when the order to sell the new castle playset came down, they just put it right in Ponyville to give Twilight less of a daily commute.

This is me speculating, of course.
MixedDrops
Officer

Post by MixedDrops »

I didn't heed Chuck's warning myself (there's little left to gross me out with on the Internet anymore, and furry stuff certainly isn't that), but I gotta say I was disappointed since most of what I ended up getting on Google was pretty tame, and one was more or less exactly what Chuck was looking for.

Large image, so linked:
https://img00.deviantart.net/0724/i/201 ... 6vdnzh.png

Though IIRC Google search does customize itself based on things you've searched before so...Chuck, you got something you wanna confess? ;)