Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Madner Kami »

animalia wrote:I have made a request for Highlander (the first film) and the final episodes of Escaflowne. I just thought everyone might want to know that.
:thumbsup:
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
tacomoney
Redshirt

Post by tacomoney »

Just joined the Forum, but been with the show for a number of years, so I thought I would throw in my two cents of things I would love to see Chuck review.

Sigh I wish I A. Had the money to splurge to request a review and B. Get it in before the queue was closed for likely half a decade.

So any how some things I think would be great for him to review (Grab some popcorn I'm a talker).

Anime
Cowboy Bebop: There is a couple of episodes I would love to see him. Sympathy for the Devil for its imagery, Heavy Metal Queen for great music, the Two big Edward episodes for sheer WTFery for him to react to, Wild Horses mostly because its a personal favorite of mine and of course the final two episodes would be great for him to discuss.

Trigun: One of my personal favorites and I think considering the symbolism and themes later on chuck would have with it, there are a few episodes that could right fully be skipped. I honestly wonder if anybody has any episodes of it in the queue, would not surprise me.

The Big O: Some people already mentioned in the thread, so i will just throw my hat into the ring because it would be fun for Chuck to review and I am really on a kick for the series as I just finished rewatching the series.

Utena: ........ MORE LESBIAN ANIME FOR HIM TO REVIEW , HAHAHAHA . This is mostly a joke suggestion, but once he is done with Kannazuki no Miko, it would be a real dick move to make him start another Lesbian centered anime. Even if I do think it is a much better series with a lot of symbolism. But damn it is weird.
Or if I was really feeling like scum, have him review the movie.

FLCL: Because just seeing its reactions would be enough for the cost.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Its not too high on my list for him to see, but I figure lots of other people want to see him do it.

Hellsing ultimate: Maybe for a October review, although what he could really talk about I am not sure.

Code Geass : I am so happy somebody got requests of it in.

Haruhi Franchise: Technically its science fiction...sort of.

Rahxephon: Its a personal favorite of mine and I think the contrast of him watching this and Evangelion would be nice.

Steins Gate: As a unique time travel series I think Chuck would actually enjoy it, probably would have to request at least the first 6 episodes as I recall that is when it really gets good.

Attack on Titan: It would be a unique series for him to look at, the only problem is that the series has no filler episodes and to be generous I could see the show going to around 75-100 episodes which would take him years to do. You think Full moon is bad, that's nothing if he had to do AOT.

Comic Books
Transformers More then Meets The Eye or any James Roberts helmed Transformers story like Last Stand of the Wreckers: I could say I want him to look at MTMTE because its funny ,heartwarming and nigtmareishly dark. But mostly because it redeems SKIdS. I think after Revenge of the Fallen he deserves to see this series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_QptTHCwl0
Somebody animated and voiced his first appearance in the continuity and I think it would be something Chuck would like.

Live Action TV:

Doctor Who : The episodes I would love to see the most would be the two parter The impossible Planet/The Satan Pit . This in my opinion one of the most philosophical episodes of the series and really no easy answers.

Power Rangers RPM : I know Linkara covers the series , but I would love for Chuck to react to how different this series compared to all the other seasons, at least a the first few episodes and the Doctor K episode for how dark it gets.

Spectreman: The two-parter, "Billy Don't Be A Monster" and "Genius Monster Norman" , because damn it all I want to see how crazy this thing actually is after he mentioned it.

Video Games
Star Control 2 : After the Alpha Centauri/mass effect review, I think a playthrough of Star Control 2 would be fun to see him bounce off all the weird alien races and the resource management. Plus the story is probably the deepest for a DOS game for the time.

Deus Ex: Similar to the System Shock 2 review, there is a lot to analyze and parody.

Xenogears/Xenoblade Chronicels 1 and X : I am lumping these games all together here as I think they have some really interesting stories and characters and him reacting to the scale of X would be nice to see. Although if I asked him to Xenoblade 1 only ask for the main story quests, because if he did it all it would be a eternity. I remember on my first playthrough i nearly did everything and it was over 150 hours all together. Plus you know he would have fun customizing his mechs in X.

Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne: The sheer depressing atmosphere that this game has, along with the wide range of recruit able party members would make it hilarious I think.

Persona 3/4/5: I think any of these games would be great for him to play and thankfully they are all cheap to play right now. Although if he played 3 I would recommend FES . They are really character driven with a lot of silliness that would great comedy especially if he looks in the compendium.

Tales Of Symphonia : Similar to Xenoblade Chronicles the character driven/ weird plot twists I think would make it a entertaining review. Plus his reaction to the continent spanning bridge and what its made out of (those who have played the game know what I mean ) , would be nothing short of hilarious.

That's all I can think of right now.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Ringworld. Not for the plot, which is pretty much the explore-the-mysterious-X plot we see from time to time, though not at all done badly. More for the "aliens that think as well as a human, but not in the same way as a human" angle. Though the Kzinti are the proud warrior race we've seen from time to time since, and maybe before, but the Pierson's Puppeteers and Teela Brown are both interesting from an alien minds perspective. Even though Teela is human.

I also need to find out if there's a Ringworld x Discworld crossover fanfic, if only to see if Rincewind and Neesus can decide who gets to run away first.

Edit: Also, Ghostbusters 2. You can see what an uphill battle Ghostbusters (2016) faced when the same team couldn't catch lightning in a bottle twice.
APlotdevice
Redshirt

Post by APlotdevice »

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Mystery Men. Maybe. It might be too old and too obscure for most people to appreciate, wasn't that deep, and didn't have that much influence on the genre. But it has the most inspiration speech involving an egg salad sandwich I've ever seen.
griffeytrek
Officer

Post by griffeytrek »

The new Lost in Space actually looks like it might be an interesting review. Similarly some of the classic LiS episodes would be fun. Actually any of the Irwin Allen stuff would be fun to have Chuck touch on.
TheGreenMan
Redshirt

Post by TheGreenMan »

Some ones I'd like to see:

Nadia:The Secret of Blue Water

The Expanse

Dark Matter

Perhaps Stardust, but I'm not sure that it would lend itself to a good review?

As mentioned above: The Haruhi Franchise. I'd like to hear his thoughts on the great First season, the 'wtf happened' second season that just killed the franchise dead, the good movie that couldn't save it, and the third season no one asked for that was like the first season but with everything good removed to give a very bland uninteresting 'story'.

Steven Universe, Adventure Time and maybe Star vs the Forces of Evil (toooo many episodes though) but it would be fun to hear Chucks thoughts on them.

Farscape and B5 are always welcome. I love those shows and Chucks reviews of them are always great.

I'd like to see 'A look a Londo'. That would be awesome.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

I'll second Revolutionary Girl Utena.

Lesbians was never the problem in that other anime I can't remember the title of. It was the outright abusive relationship. And while there are aspects of that in RGU, Utena herself is quite opposed to such things, and spends the series protecting Anthy from those who see her as no more than a means to an end.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Utena is really long, though.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Mad-Man-with-a-Box
Redshirt

Post by Mad-Man-with-a-Box »

I'd love Chuck to do more of the DCAU. Whether it was Batman TAS, Superman TAS, or Justice League. Till the CW shows started, that was my ideal DC Universe. In general, I'd like to see Chuck tackle both the MCU and DCEU and go over the problems/strengths of both. Also, would love his thoughts on Flash and Supergirl, though with the latter I know he's more a Power Girl guy LOL
All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever was...where do you want to start? -The Doctor