Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
AlucardNoir
Officer

Re: Dragon Age II: EA boogaloo

Post by AlucardNoir »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:31 pm Honestly, I think that's blaming the developers for the fact you're choosing to roleplay a character who uses their demigod status to do everything. If someone puts a plate of cookies out on the table, it's up to you to decide if you want to eat them all.
Most people don't finish the majority of games they buy. They don't finish them because in order to get to the end of the game you have to go through an inordinate amount of busy work. You say "a plate of cookies on the table", I say a full buffet where you never even get to reach the cookies.
....too much content is not really a criticism, is it?
What can I say Charles? oh, I know exactly how to answer your question:
[...] this leads to massive amounts of useless busy work like in Inquisition and Andromeda. I think Witcher 3 is the only one where everything is written well and they pad the length with massive amounts of travel time.
EDIT: and if the nice man I quoted above isn't enough, here have a Jim Sterling video explain the problem:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... YfYLR2PL68[/youtube]
If Chuck or a mod reads this feel free do delete my account. I would do it myself but I don't seem to be able to find a delete account option. phpBB should have such an option but I guess this isn't stock phpBB.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Eh, I don't mind content.

I mind BAD content.

:)
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

What happened to part 12?
Asvarduil
Officer

Post by Asvarduil »

GandALF wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:04 pm What happened to part 12?
Let me guess, [strike]someone stole Chuck's sweetroll?[/strike] Dragon Age II crashed at an inopportune time, requiring Chuck to make up significant amounts of gameplay footage?
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Asvarduil wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:12 pm
Let me guess, [strike]someone stole Chuck's sweetroll?[/strike] Dragon Age II crashed at an inopportune time, requiring Chuck to make up significant amounts of gameplay footage?
Game crashed, deleting all savegames. While starting all over, once more, something in his room caught fire and the ceiling that he just repaired and painted, was painted with not-exactly-fireproof paint, with according consequences for, at the very least, his computer-room. He now has to get a new computer, a new home and probably a new wife as the old one decided that it isn't worth the effort to stick with someone who wants to finish a DA2 playthrough and review despite all the obviously really bad karma it keeps piling up.

Oh, also his cat died of a heart-attack.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

A lot of games really are too long and repetitive these days.

The Bad

Just Cause 3: I'm halfway done with the game because it just got so damn repetitive and no real story exists to continue on. The villain is one-dimensional and the supporting cast lazy.

Mafia III: I quit about 2/3rds the way in because the game started crashing repeatedly but again, it was just hundreds of the same mission over and over again.

Dragon Age: Inquisition:
Generic storytelling, generic villain, and vast amounts of busy work starting and ending with the Hinterlands.

Mass Effect: Andromeda: See Inquisition.

The Good

The Witcher 3: See my previous statement.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands: This was barely an aversion but just barely because the game made an effort to give every single boss a unique and interesting personality.

Assassins Creed: Origins: Amazingly good game which more or less redeems the franchise.
Asvarduil
Officer

Post by Asvarduil »

Madner Kami wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:22 pm
Asvarduil wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:12 pm
Game crashed, deleting all savegames. While starting all over, once more, something in his room caught fire and the ceiling that he just repaired and painted, was painted with not-exactly-fireproof paint, with according consequences for, at the very least, his computer-room. He now has to get a new computer, a new home and probably a new wife as the old one decided that it isn't worth the effort to stick with someone who wants to finish a DA2 playthrough and review despite all the obviously really bad karma it keeps piling up.

Oh, also his cat died of a heart-attack.
To quote Varric: "...Well, shit."
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

In celebration of Hawke's adventures, THE BEST SONG!

youtu.be/lChS4ZJtTXQ
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

Didn't make it into the final game but there is concept art for Inquisition of Osama bin Anders enjoying his "freedom":

CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I think stabbing Anders is the morally correct choice.

I did it because, as a Mage and Apostate, we're policing ourselves. Also, as annoying as Sebastian is, he is completely correct that Anders murdered a bunch of innocent people and we've killed people for much much less.