Hell is other reviewers

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Arkle
Officer

Re: Hell is other reviewers

Post by Arkle »

Oh, so many. Too many really. I guess I'll just list the ones I've actually done things with and/or for.

Super Princess Tea Party (run the Facebook fan group, with Magdalen's permission)
Diamanda Hagan (did some voiceover work for her once, and I've played Cards Against Humanity with her and her wife a few times)
The various and sundry shows of Chez Apocalypse (yes, it still exists; the website's just been down for awhile thanks to Maker Studios' nunfuckery; also I run the Chez fan Tumblr, with Lindsay's blessing)
Atop The Fourth Wall (one of the backers for the AT4W movie; my name's in the end credits of the DVD and everything. :))
Incorrect Voyager Quotes: http://incorrectvoyagerquotes.tumblr.com/
My Voyager fic, A Fire of Devotion: http://archiveofourown.org/series/404320
---
Rasp
Officer

Post by Rasp »

I used to watch more but I've gotten busy with my own projects and haven't had much time for others. I still watch AT4W or the cinema snob occasionally.
I am the one who requested Chuck review Kannazuki No Miko. (under an old alias)

I count it among the most despicable things I have ever done to another human being and I'm sorry.

Things I have requested that are not evil:
* Anna's Quest
* Contradiction
* TECHNOBABYLON
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

If you're into cartoons check out PhantomStrider on youtube, he reviews a bunch of related 'toons in each video he does, particularly really bad or absurd ones.

Other than that I watch SFDebris, Jontron, Nostalgia Critic, Brad Jones and James Rolfe (AVGN).

SFDebris, or Chuck if you prefer, is my all time favourite critic, he's just so fair, articulate, open-minded, intelligent and witty.
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
MithrandirOlorin
Captain

Post by MithrandirOlorin »

I've started watching JonTron recently, it's awkward trying to separate his ignorant politics from them.
Call me KuudereKun
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

I watch Night Mind mostly
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
TheBritGit
Redshirt

Post by TheBritGit »

All I tend to watch these days are video reviewers; Diamanda Hagan, Linkara (Another person who funded his movie here), ProJared, Gggmanlives, DarkLordJadow1, SidAlpha... Hell, there's probably no reviewer out there i've not even seen!

I'd put spoony on here, but given he's seemingly retired from reviewing to sponge off his patreon, I doubt he qualifies.
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

TheBritGit wrote:I'd put spoony on here, but given he's seemingly retired from reviewing to sponge off his patreon, I doubt he qualifies.
Nah, he's had a lot of health problems and has been focusing on that lately. And the information is confirmed by other sources, lest anyone accuse me of just "taking his word for it." I hope they find out the issue soon. And that the sub-par sleep disorder clinics he's been having to deal with get their shit together.

When my Dad died they found evidence of neglect on the part of the nursing center he'd been sent to after he'd collapsed at home about a month prior. So I have a special hatred for medical professionals who don't do their jobs right.
---
TheBritGit
Redshirt

Post by TheBritGit »

Arkle wrote:
TheBritGit wrote:I'd put spoony on here, but given he's seemingly retired from reviewing to sponge off his patreon, I doubt he qualifies.
Nah, he's had a lot of health problems and has been focusing on that lately. And the information is confirmed by other sources, lest anyone accuse me of just "taking his word for it." I hope they find out the issue soon. And that the sub-par sleep disorder clinics he's been having to deal with get their shit together.

When my Dad died they found evidence of neglect on the part of the nursing center he'd been sent to after he'd collapsed at home about a month prior. So I have a special hatred for medical professionals who don't do their jobs right.
Where are you sourcing that from? I only ask cus i'm on his forum too, and I've not seen any evidence that its because of an downturn in health (Besides "depression over failing to become a tv star") :(
Arkle
Officer

Post by Arkle »

TheBritGit wrote:
Arkle wrote:

Where are you sourcing that from? I only ask cus i'm on his forum too, and I've not seen any evidence that its because of an downturn in health (Besides "depression over failing to become a tv star") :(
His Twitter feed, as well as those of Linkara and Obscurus Lupa (who said in a recent Q & A session that she's hopeful he'll be back to making videos again soon; though I'm sure people still think they hate each other because of that spat 5 years ago).
---
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

I listen to The Greatest Generation - skews a bit more overtly towards comedy throughout than Chuck, but I feel it's a similar kind of jokes/analysis balance overall. Farscape Friday doesn't have the running gags or skits, but does good recap/reviews. Supergirl Radio, more of a chat/review show than recap/review. On youtube I keep an eye on Collider, Jeremy Jahns, and MovieBob, Jangbricks for Lego, and Geekology whenever they talk about the Eaglemoss starships collection.