Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:48 am Horror Headcanon

* Michael Myers isn't in any way supernatural. He's just a severely screwed up kid who hated his elder sister, killed her, and then got made worse by the system. He wears a piece of sheet metal underneath his chest like a Fist Full of Dollars and is just very much in shape because there wasn't much else to do but work out when he was in a state mental health facility. He also died in Part II.

* Jason Voorhees IS supernatural and there's something demonic in Crystal Lake that spawned him, like a Deep One. Also, against canon, Jason won't normally kill mothers, animals, or children. Predator rules, basically.
I've always thought that about Michael Myers, I've only seen the first two films and the one with Coolio.

Regarding Jason Voorhees, if he had 'Predator rules' it would make him too sympathetic. :P
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Some Reboot Lara Croft headcanon

* Sam is bi and romantically interested in Lara. She's also been dropping some heavy hints which Lara completely misses on.

* Lara's reaction to the Tomb Raiding in Shadows is actually why Sam ditched her (versus the comic). Lara is eager and excited to get back to killing people to get treasure as well as prove the supernatural is real. Sam is, by contrast, horrified by the whole business and can't imagine ever wanting to go anywhere near psychopaths with guns again.

* Jonah's less than supportive reaction to Lara is cultural. Lara wanting to redeem her family name is something Jonah can't wrap her head around since it's a very old blooded upper class Brit sort of idea. All Jonah sees is, either way, Richard Croft is dead so what does it matter.

He's also irritated that Lara's plan involves stealing the holy grail...er Divine Source from a bunch of indigenous people and Lara constantly skips over this as an amoral old blooded upper class British sort of thing to do. It's why his attitude to her is semi-hostile at times.

* Jonah does have a crush on Lara but is equally as ignored as Sam since she is in love with treasure, not people.

* Trinity is not the gang of Warhammer Catholic Nazis which Lara thinks they are. Konstantine and Anna are the worst people in the organization but the majority of the group exists to keep things like the Divine Source from ever being found.

They have the view the supernatural is almost invariably evil.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Women couldn't be captains in Starfleet during the TOS TV era, but were evident before that and in the TOS movie era and beyond. Why? Because the shirts kept ripping.
cilantro
Officer

Post by cilantro »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:20 pm Women couldn't be captains in Starfleet during the TOS TV era, but were evident before that and in the TOS movie era and beyond. Why? Because the shirts kept ripping.
Because of Zapp Brannigan?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

cilantro wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:54 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 6:20 pm Women couldn't be captains in Starfleet during the TOS TV era, but were evident before that and in the TOS movie era and beyond. Why? Because the shirts kept ripping.
Because of Zapp Brannigan?
I was thinking more of Captain Kirk's shirt ripping during a fight. I have to admit, I don't know much about Zapp Brannigan.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:32 amI have to admit, I don't know much about Zapp Brannigan.
Just imagine putting Sean Connery's James Bond in the position of a pulp sci-fi Space Captain.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Deledrius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:20 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:32 amI have to admit, I don't know much about Zapp Brannigan.
Just imagine putting Sean Connery's James Bond in the position of a pulp sci-fi Space Captain.
Thank you! Wait, I just imagined that. Thank you, I think...
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

Yoda speaks the way he does because his native language has a different grammatical structure than English, and he learned it later in life.
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
Kinky Vorlon
Officer

Post by Kinky Vorlon »

Deledrius wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:20 pm
Thissshhh isshhh Captain Shhhean Connery of the U Esshhhh Eshhh Enterprishhe
The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away moment by moment lost in that vast, terrible in-between.
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

Was just doing some idle musing yesterday and thought "Actually..." - I'm not sure if this has already been suggested, but I don't remember hearing it anywhere: Troi was Lwaxana's family name, and Ian Andrew took it when they got married (whether Andrew was his surname, or he dropped his original surname for hers).

Don't know whether it was Betazoid custom - matrilineal in general, or because Lwaxana had higher social rank (all that fifth house stuff) - or just they felt like it, but it if was a tradition, I can imagine a cute bit of business post-Nemesis where Deanna suggests Riker take his new command as Captain William Troi. (Although not seriously, because she'd probably feel making him take her surname would be the kind of thing her mother would do, and avoid it on instinct.) (And it'd be amusing if Lwaxana started calling him Captain Troi anyway.)