What's the name of the music used at the start of the Basics review?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
bluejeans
Redshirt

What's the name of the music used at the start of the Basics review?

Post by bluejeans »

The one where Hogan is debating with B'lanna and cut to him being devoured on the planet the Kazon dump them on.
Koshundheit
Officer

Re: What's the name of the music used at the start of the Basics review?

Post by Koshundheit »

While I can't quite place it, it reminds me of something by Enigma. They do so many songs that are largely instrumental with what sounds like monks singing. Even if it is, placing what part of what song that snippet might be would be tough. Regardless, if you like the sort of ethereal sound of that snippet, you might check out Enigma.

As for the episode, like Chuck I found it at best average Voyager. The most memorable and fun parts for me were Suder and Doc. I'd have probably found it a much better double episode if there was more of them. Of course the Doc is always a delight, being, ironically, one of the most fleshed out characters on on the show, and played brilliantly. I'd have happily kept Suder in a recurring role and ditched Neelix. At least then the crew could watch their backs around someone they should instead of trusting someone they should have always been watching their backs around.
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." George Bernard Shaw