SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by Fixer »

http://sfdebris.com/videos/games/swtorinq.php

We return to the galaxy far, far away, as a slave is drafted into the order of the Sith - ultimate power, or death. Either way, you stop being a slave, so it's all good.
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Madner Kami
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by Madner Kami »

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, that's something I've been looking forward to, since I noticed it being requested. Loved his stint with the Imperial Agent, so this can only become glorious.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

Can the game really give you the genuine Sith experience? Because that's supposed to end with self-destruction. Even in Kotor 2 the dark side ending of the first game still resulted in Revan's empire imploding.

I mean they can't kill off your character. They had the whole isotope 5 plot about how they were falling apart. Then Kotfe came along and butchered the Force and turned the sides into D&D alignments.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Oh boy! If this is anywhere near as much of a hoot as Agent Rex-Dart, it's gonna be a blast. I hope he goes lightside, I love playing Darth Imperius.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

I'd never considered the idea that the three main questing areas of Dromund Kaas were each tailored more for one of three classes; the revolt for the Agent, the rogue Sith for the Warrior, and the Temple for the Inquisitor. If that's the case, I hope that, when it's time for the Warrior review, we get to hear that bit about Lord Grathan's ergonomic chairs.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

I liked playing Inquisitor myself, especially since I could do fun stuff like kill that one guy on Nar Shadda and get light side points for it.

I also find chuck's openly insane character portrayal to be freaking hilarious!
Ritchian
Redshirt

Post by Ritchian »

Funny. The agent and the inquisitor are the two classes I got the furthest with during my short-lived dalliance with The Old Republic. It'll be nice to see the rest of the story I missed out on when I gave up on the grind (and a solo story-related boss fight I couldn't defeat as a squishie assassin.)

I played things fairly gray as far as the dark and light side stuff goes. The one thing I liked about as much of TOR as I played was that you did have some agency to not play like a super villain hell bent on self destruction because "Rawr. Evil. Dark side."
CBear
Redshirt

Post by CBear »

The Inquisitor was my first and favorite character. I do wish they had been allowed to turn people to the dark side the way the warrior does, but otherwise the quest for power is everything I could have hoped. Until KotFE when my sorcerer, who is powered by ghosts, is suddenly suprised at the existence of ghosts.

My favorite forum post is about the joy of the lunatic Inquisitor. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthre ... ost2821744

My favorite part; In one thousand years, not a single Sith has thought of zapping it with lightning.

ARE YOU ******** ME?!

Sith are MADE of 99% lightning and 1% a thin layer of skin to hold it all together!! Seriously. They go through medical droids at the Academy faster than players go through Doritos.

Medical Droid: Please hold still while I inject the Kolto with this metallic syringe...
*ZZZZZZZZZZAP*
Sith: Cleanup in aisle five!
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

Well, shoot. I was planning to try this exact class combo out next. Then again, maybe Chuck's review means I don't have to waste a bazillion hours wandering through the game to get the story. Every time I try playing through the game, I get bored before chapter 1 ends - even in the stories I enjoy (Imperial Agent, Republic Smuggler). I quit the ones I didn't like far sooner.

ETA: Exact same build (though I suppose that's kind of the point of Chuck talking about the dumbed down leveling system; there really weren't many builds available). Now I feel like I should change things up if I do play.
Last edited by Independent George on Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Fun bit of useless trivia. When Chuck made the joke about getting to fly a real jet pack but the trade off was you could never eat Italian food again my first thought was, "Well at least I can still have Spaghetti and Pizza as those are American foods and not Italian."

Yeah, Spaghetti and Pizza where not created in Italy they closest to the former is a dish where the pasta and sauce are completely separate and the latter has no equivalent until after it was created in America.

This has been another, useless trivia. :D