SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Archanubis
Officer

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by Archanubis »

So Chuck, whose humor is a natural dry most of the time, is reviewing arguably the second most sarcastic character in Star Wars: The Old Republic?

I'm sooooo gonna enjoy this. :D
hammerofglass
Captain

Post by hammerofglass »

SabreMau wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 am IIRC, during the base game, the Sith Emperor had the most personal interactions with the Warrior (and the Knight, but I don't think he's doing that one). Chuck might just make everyone the Outlander and tag-team between them.
That sounds like both a logistical nightmare and completely awesome.

I've only run it with the Warrior and Bounty Hunter (both male, so only the warrior got to reunite with his wife). The warrior fit perfectly in the story like it was a continuation of the class plot, but the Bounty Hunter has a serious "I don't care about any of this, can I go now?" vibe the entire time.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

Did I hear right that he named his character Winter?

That means one thing...

Winter is coming!

Now do I link the MLP clip of that quote, or the more obscure comic that also has a character named Winter and makes the same reference?

EDIT: I love the game reviews Chuck does. This one is following in on that trend quite nicely. :)
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Star Wars and Winter makes me think of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter before MLP, even though it's taken me five or six years to try and forget the Winter Wrap-Up song.
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

SabreMau wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:49 am Star Wars and Winter makes me think of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter before MLP, even though it's taken me five or six years to try and forget the Winter Wrap-Up song.
Let's finish our Holiday Cheer!

Okay now I want a Music Video of the every Player Character of The Old Republic singing Winter Wrap-Up. XD
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

Winter wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:10 am
SabreMau wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:49 am Star Wars and Winter makes me think of http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Winter before MLP, even though it's taken me five or six years to try and forget the Winter Wrap-Up song.
Let's finish our Holiday Cheer!

Okay now I want a Music Video of the every Player Character of The Old Republic singing Winter Wrap-Up. XD
'Cause tomorrow Spring is here!

I would get a chuckle out of that video. Especially if it ended with everyone running away from Winter.

I did not know about that character existed until today.

Also, on a more general review related note: Part of why these reviews are so enjoyable is that we get to go along with Chuck and see the story, especially since we get Chuck's trademark snarky spin on it along the way. ;D
Winter
Captain

Post by Winter »

Bringing home the southern birds
A Pegasus' job begins
And clearing all the gloomy skies
To let the sunshine in
We move the clouds
And we melt the white snow
When the sun comes up
Its warmth and beauty will glow

Yeah that would be really hilarious with everyone running away from Winter as she proceeds to kill all her enemies. XD
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I always play a Light Side Inquisitor. The inherent humor value is that Sith are so used to "good people" defecting to the Jedi and being patient wise Vulcans that they can't comprehend a passionate snarky jerk isn't just playing the long game.

I.e. Chaotic Good.

Frankly, the Expansions NEED to be played as a Light Sider of either Jedi or Sith Force User as it's clear everyone else is just shoved into the role.
GandALF
Officer

Post by GandALF »

Eh, I'd say the light Inquisitor is neither "chaotic" or precisely "good" they're main objective is still the acquisition of power they're just less insane or unbalanced than the other Sith, they're enlightened despots rather than complete tyrants. It doesn't make them the moral equivalent of the average Jedi.

Then again even putting aside the temptation problem, SWTOR is inconsistent with itself on the Force, let alone the films or the rest of the EU. On Tython it's like the films with every other line seeming to be "don't unbalance yourself bro" but by the time KOTFE rolls around suddenly "balanced" is the equivalent of the neutral D&D alignment.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

For anyone who missed the update on the front page, due to schedule shuffling and Chuck's extensive projects, the "The Journey Continues In Two Weeks" that closes out Part 1 is now accurate just today. Part 2 is now listed as July 11th with Part 3 on July 25th. Just in case anyone wonders when July 2nd rolls around and it hasn't updated yet.