Enterprise: Borderland

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Meushell
Officer

Re: Enterprise: Borderland

Post by Meushell »

Any Stargate fans amused by the character names Malik and Persis? Throughout the trilogy, I kept thinking of the two Tok’ra, Malek and Per’sus, though they were very minor characters, and never in an episode together.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Meushell wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:16 pm Any Stargate fans amused by the character names Malik and Persis? Throughout the trilogy, I kept thinking of the two Tok’ra, Malek and Per’sus, though they were very minor characters, and never in an episode together.
I didn't even recognize it until you pointed it out. I may have to turn in my nerd card. :cry:
I did kind of expect a joke about vault hunters, though.
Wizard of Woah!
Redshirt

Post by Wizard of Woah! »

So, why are the Augments in this arc dressed in that sort of space-punk tattered rags style? The reason Khan's people were dressed like that in Wrath was that they were marooned on a devastated planet for decades.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Wizard of Woah! wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:52 am So, why are the Augments in this arc dressed in that sort of space-punk tattered rags style? The reason Khan's people were dressed like that in Wrath was that they were marooned on a devastated planet for decades.
Good question. And moreover, why did they never feel like changing once they escaped? There must have been plenty of Klingon clothes on that ship.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

clearspira wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:39 pm
Wizard of Woah! wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:52 am So, why are the Augments in this arc dressed in that sort of space-punk tattered rags style? The reason Khan's people were dressed like that in Wrath was that they were marooned on a devastated planet for decades.
Good question. And moreover, why did they never feel like changing once they escaped? There must have been plenty of Klingon clothes on that ship.

I'm sure the speed holes made them more effective fighters...
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

I think it's because they've been living as exiles on that one planet Soong dropped them off since they were teenagers.

As for why they're not wearing Klingon clothing, the smell, and their enhanced sense, is probably making them refuse to do so.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

If we're talking about favorite takes on the Romulans, mine continues to be novelist Diane Duane's take on them in her Trek novels, specifically the "Rihannsu" series, aka the Bloodwing series. I was completely delighted to see Star Trek Online use her material in their Romulan-related content.

I've got nothing to add about the episode being reviewed save that the Orion Syndicate must be destroyed by fire. Death to slavers! *begins playing "Marching Through Georgia" and "John Brown's Body"*
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Aotrs Commander
Officer

Post by Aotrs Commander »

Now, I am in the minority around... Everywhere, in that by and large I rather liked Enterprise. And I thought that season 4 (bar the finale, which I refused to watch) was excellent and the mini-arc stories were a brilliant stroke.

Nice to see that I am not entirely out of the left field, since Chuck doe appear to think more highly of this season than the others!
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Aotrs Commander wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:42 pm Now, I am in the minority around... Everywhere, in that by and large I rather liked Enterprise. And I thought that season 4 (bar the finale, which I refused to watch) was excellent and the mini-arc stories were a brilliant stroke.

Nice to see that I am not entirely out of the left field, since Chuck doe appear to think more highly of this season than the others!
I hated it. Then the Abrams reboot and STD came out... and I have since enjoyed it a lot more because you can see the love put into ''Enterprise'' despite its arguably flawed execution. The NX-01 is the perfect blend of 21st century advancements in budget and sfx, and the look and style of the 1701. The monitors for example; random flashing lights like on the 1701 but with modern (for 2001) computer graphics. STD and Abrams made NO effort to have their ships fit the existing canon in any way whatsoever.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

So...did Soong have children already? Or did he hook up with someone and have a kid while in prison? I have a hard time believing they would EVER let him out after the events of this arc, and if anything he might actually AGREE that he should be locked up this time.