Kennedy to retire.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
LittleRaven
Captain

Re: Kennedy to retire.

Post by LittleRaven »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:17 amHe also promised to reveal how much everyone's salary for feminism or some nonsesne like that.
"He?" Are we still talking about Hillary, or have we moved on to something else?
If a Republican would have made that deplorable error you would not be downplaying it. Also it was not a hidden camera footage.
I'm not downplaying it now. It was obviously a huge blunder, and no, of course it wasn't a hidden camera moment. Just a offhand comment in an interview, one of hundreds of interviews that she gave. But it hardly encapsulated her entire campaign.
Obama was extremly left on social issues.
I notice you haven't answered my question about your nationality. Do you actually live in America? Because anyone who lived through Obama knows that he followed on social issues, he didn't lead. He only got on board with gay marriage when it became clear the country as a whole was cool with it. He never really got on board with trans issues to any real degree. Exactly what 'social issue' do you think Obama led left on? Obama's claim to fame was health care, which very few people label a 'social issue.'
Romney's tax comments were a huge deal.
Yes, they were. But they weren't really indicative of his campaign either. Romney's campaign was built around rejecting Obama's agenda, most notably, his health care plan. Democrats managed to frame the debate about his attitude towards certain Americans in light of some unfortunate comments that he made, just as Republicans managed to reframe the debate around Hillary's comments, but Romney's campaign was never about abandoning the poor.
I think that comment is the perfect symbol for her campaing.
That says more about your limited understand of American politics than anything else.

But to try and bring this back to Earth, what does ANY of this have to do with Dworkin or Solanas? You know, the two people you accused Hillary of channeling?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Actually I was the one to bring them up, and if you'd actually read what I said there, I never claimed Clinton channeled them. I simply pointed out that modern feminists sound a lot like them, and that their work has gained newfound popularity amongst them.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

LittleRaven wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:23 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:17 amHe also promised to reveal how much everyone's salary for feminism or some nonsesne like that.
"He?" Are we still talking about Hillary, or have we moved on to something else?
If a Republican would have made that deplorable error you would not be downplaying it. Also it was not a hidden camera footage.
I'm not downplaying it now. It was obviously a huge blunder, and no, of course it wasn't a hidden camera moment. Just a offhand comment in an interview, one of hundreds of interviews that she gave. But it hardly encapsulated her entire campaign.
Obama was extremly left on social issues.
I notice you haven't answered my question about your nationality. Do you actually live in America? Because anyone who lived through Obama knows that he followed on social issues, he didn't lead. He only got on board with gay marriage when it became clear the country as a whole was cool with it. He never really got on board with trans issues to any real degree. Exactly what 'social issue' do you think Obama led left on? Obama's claim to fame was health care, which very few people label a 'social issue.'
Romney's tax comments were a huge deal.
Yes, they were. But they weren't really indicative of his campaign either. Romney's campaign was built around rejecting Obama's agenda, most notably, his health care plan. Democrats managed to frame the debate about his attitude towards certain Americans in light of some unfortunate comments that he made, just as Republicans managed to reframe the debate around Hillary's comments, but Romney's campaign was never about abandoning the poor.
I think that comment is the perfect symbol for her campaing.
That says more about your limited understand of American politics than anything else.

But to try and bring this back to Earth, what does ANY of this have to do with Dworkin or Solanas? You know, the two people you accused Hillary of channeling?
She.

She barely talked to the press taht year.

People were suprised he did not let gay marriage play out state by state. he is responsible for the college rape epidemic the left promplty forgot about, he claimed Taryvon Martin could had been his son inflamed race relations but supported the security state...

Hillary doubled down post election that is what she thinks. He said all the rich areas voted for her. Democrats should be putting her in prison so she will shut up.

I said her campaing had the professionalism of a youtuber.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I'm still really fucking scared and depressed that this is happening. The Tangerine Ida-Amine gets to pick somebody who will rule on the highest laws in the land for decades to come.

I'm afraid I'll lose marriage and most people I care about will lose abortion.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 am I'm still really fucking scared and depressed that this is happening. The Tangerine Ida-Amine gets to pick somebody who will rule on the highest laws in the land for decades to come.

Yo r side wanted to play bullyball. we are playong some motherfucking bullyball.

Your side has a huge advantage in the press and had it for decades. My side took the courts.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Slash Gallagher wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:58 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 am I'm still really fucking scared and depressed that this is happening. The Tangerine Ida-Amine gets to pick somebody who will rule on the highest laws in the land for decades to come.

Yo r side wanted to play bullyball. we are playong some motherfucking bullyball.

Your side has a huge advantage in the press and had it for decades. My side took the courts.
So...that's it?

No recognition of the bigotry or loss of human rights? Just "You guys started it because CNN!"
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:44 pm

So...that's it?

No recognition of the bigotry or loss of human rights? Just "You guys started it because CNN!"
Ideological bigotry is irrelevant?

Why should i think of the American goverment as bigoted?

Much more than CNN.
LittleRaven
Captain

Post by LittleRaven »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 amI'm afraid I'll lose marriage and most people I care about will lose abortion.
I think a lot more will have to happen before you lose marriage. Like, a LOT more. Trump is on record, repeatedly, as saying he's fine with gay marriage and has no interest in pursuing that fight. And Roberts would be extremely loathe to let his court overturn something like that...if you could even find a case that could make its way through the courts that would allow for that result.

Abortion is a different matter. It's quite possible that we'll see a return to states making abortion laws. But assuming you live in a blue state, not much will change. And frankly, if you live in a red state, odds are it's already almost impossible to get an abortion without travelling out of state. At least I know that's the case here in Texas.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Slash Gallagher wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:41 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:44 pm

So...that's it?

Ideological bigotry is irrelevant?

Why should i think of the American goverment as bigoted?

Much more than CNN.
You should think of them as bigoted because they are stopping us queers from getting married, from adopting children, from entering businesses and getting housing. You should think of them as bigoted because lots of men who don't even understand how the female body works are passing laws that get women jailed for having a miscarraige and out trans kids to people who would kill them.