Kennedy to retire.

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Re: Kennedy to retire.

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:03 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 pm
unknownsample wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:11 pm
unknownsample wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:51 pm
cilantro wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:36 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 am I'm still really fucking scared and depressed that this is happening. The Tangerine Ida-Amine gets to pick somebody who will rule on the highest laws in the land for decades to come.

I'm afraid I'll lose marriage and most people I care about will lose abortion.
The orange turd picked Kavanaugh because he doesn't believe that a sitting president should face a criminal investigation, even though he was part of Kenneth Starr's Clinton investigation in the 1990s. That is why he was picked so Trump can get away with his shit and to say that Trump is above the law because he is president. Not only that but this guy is totally on the Right of Kennedy.
But CNN
And co's ability to shame people out of existence was going to warrant a counterreaction.
Really when did they do this?
I would say recent development.
Please give further and better particulars.
Teh Left/Progressiver tribe dominates all media including the recently gained sports media. And they been shaming hard.
So you can't give further and better particulars, and you believe finger-wagging constitutes coordinated political oppression.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

TGLS wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:49 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 am Teh Left/Progressiver tribe dominates all media including the recently gained sports media. And they been shaming hard.
Including Fox News.
Just because these Fox idiots exist does not mean your side does not dominate.
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:50 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:17 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:03 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:34 pm
unknownsample wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:11 pm
unknownsample wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:51 pm
cilantro wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:36 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:42 am I'm still really fucking scared and depressed that this is happening. The Tangerine Ida-Amine gets to pick somebody who will rule on the highest laws in the land for decades to come.

I'm afraid I'll lose marriage and most people I care about will lose abortion.
The orange turd picked Kavanaugh because he doesn't believe that a sitting president should face a criminal investigation, even though he was part of Kenneth Starr's Clinton investigation in the 1990s. That is why he was picked so Trump can get away with his shit and to say that Trump is above the law because he is president. Not only that but this guy is totally on the Right of Kennedy.
But CNN
And co's ability to shame people out of existence was going to warrant a counterreaction.
Really when did they do this?
I would say recent development.
Please give further and better particulars.
Teh Left/Progressiver tribe dominates all media including the recently gained sports media. And they been shaming hard.
So you can't give further and better particulars, and you believe finger-wagging constitutes coordinated political oppression.
I would call it high pressure political fuckery. Not opression. It's not just finger waging when they move All star games, there was an attempted boycott 5 years ago because a 70 something old redneck does not get why some people dislike the female genitalia, when the media chherleading for the politically motivated fuckery of the biggest pop culture brand in the planet, we had Rahm Emanuel say Chick Fill A is not welcome in Chicago, we had seen some real idiocy on the top universities recently, we have places liek Indiewire saying taht if you arfe not woke you cannot make movies, just forget about it, we had Nate Parker destroyed over an alleged rape accusation...

I could go on and on...
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

How is a indy film website high-level political fuckery? How is one many saying "fuck off" to a chicken food chain fuckery? How is "attempted boycott" anything worse than, well, people protesting a Thing because they Don't Like It? How is any of this more than somebody saying "I disapprove of you because you do bad things"?

The "Leftist Media" has not stopped conservatives from appointing supreme court judges, gerrymandered states, or purged voter rolls.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
LittleRaven
Captain

Post by LittleRaven »

See this little spat is an almost perfectly scaled example of the current divide in American politics.

The Republican Party is (almost) completely dominant in the political sphere. They control the courts, the House, the Senate, and the Presidency. They don't have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, but that's about the only restriction left on them. But despite their overwhelming legislative power, the Right FEELS like it's about to be destroyed, because when they turn on a television, or the radio, or open Netflix or Amazon Prime, they will see themselves portrayed as either jackbooted thugs, snarling racists, or greedy corporate executives. With the exception of Fox News, which itself has become something a parody, the left rules the culture with an iron fist. And let's not even talk about universities, where just associating with someone on the right can get you physically attacked.

The Democratic party has hit its darkest days in almost a century. They have been gutted at virtually every level of government. The control just 13 out of 50 state legislatures. Their last Supreme Court pick was blocked by a political maneuver of breathtaking audacity, and the responsible party was rewarded in the 2016 elections. Even with a supposed "Blue Wave" incoming in 2018, the bookies suggest that they will LOSE seats in the Senate, because the 2018 Senate map is so fantastically miserable for them. One can hardly blame the Left for feeling like they are the edge of extinction. But despite this, the Left knows they are STRONG, because they can feel the tides of history filling their sails. With the exception of Fox News, which they consume only to mock, every bit of media out there is quick to reassure them of the righteousness of their cause. Because the liberal vote is so concentrated in the cities, most liberals only ever associate with other liberals, reinforcing their belief that everyone agrees with them.

So both sides simultaneously embrace the notion that they are on the verge of losing a fight to the death and that any and all tactics are acceptable, but refuse to consider any kind of concession, because they are clearly on the cusp of victory. Interesting times.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

The Republican Party is (almost) completely dominant in the political sphere. They control the courts, the House, the Senate, and the Presidency. They don't have a filibuster proof majority in the Senate, but that's about the only restriction left on them. But despite their overwhelming legislative power, the Right FEELS like it's about to be destroyed, because when they turn on a television, or the radio, or open Netflix or Amazon Prime, they will see themselves portrayed as either jackbooted thugs, snarling racists, or greedy corporate executives. With the exception of Fox News, which itself has become something a parody, the left rules the culture with an iron fist. And let's not even talk about universities, where just associating with someone on the right can get you physically attacked.
Then how do you explain the Sinclair Group?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Goodbye Roe v. Wade. We're slowly turning the clocks back on women's rights so that pretty soon it's going to resemble something from the 1940s...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 am How is a indy film website high-level political fuckery? How is one many saying "fuck off" to a chicken food chain fuckery? How is "attempted boycott" anything worse than, well, people protesting a Thing because they Don't Like It? How is any of this more than somebody saying "I disapprove of you because you do bad things"?

The "Leftist Media" has not stopped conservatives from appointing supreme court judges, gerrymandered states, or purged voter rolls.
What was said is high level fuckery.
Rahm Emanuel was not just a private citizen, i would say there is a difference between and attmpted boycott and a protest especially if it's spearheaded by the media.

That does not disprove anything i wrote.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Personally, I hope that CCW reciprocity thing goes through now. :)
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 am How is a indy film website high-level political fuckery? How is one many saying "fuck off" to a chicken food chain fuckery? How is "attempted boycott" anything worse than, well, people protesting a Thing because they Don't Like It? How is any of this more than somebody saying "I disapprove of you because you do bad things"?

Rahm Emanuel was not just a private citizen, i would say there is a difference between and attmpted boycott and a protest especially if it's spearheaded by the media.

It would be nice if you could provide a bit more background to this.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

unknownsample wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:43 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:38 am

It would be nice if you could provide a bit more background to this.
I feel like i provided more than enough.