SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Agreed.

The myriad options of trolling the Sith race as a Light Sider are GLORIOUS.
My personal favorite LS Warrior moment was also on Alderaan when you finally track down Jaesa's parents and proceed to convince them to defect to The Empire just by talking to them--all to the disbelief of their Jedi bodyguards.
It's also a more powerful moment to convince Jaesa to convert by pointing out that her master has fallen to the Dark Side and he's not. Sadly, when she tries to round up her fellow Light leaning Sith, they all think it's a trap and it falls apart.

Mind you, Jaesa deciding to have your baby at the end if you don't romance Vette is hilarious too.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:11 pm Agreed.

The myriad options of trolling the Sith race as a Light Sider are GLORIOUS.
My personal favorite LS Warrior moment was also on Alderaan when you finally track down Jaesa's parents and proceed to convince them to defect to The Empire just by talking to them--all to the disbelief of their Jedi bodyguards.
It's also a more powerful moment to convince Jaesa to convert by pointing out that her master has fallen to the Dark Side and he's not. Sadly, when she tries to round up her fellow Light leaning Sith, they all think it's a trap and it falls apart.

Mind you, Jaesa deciding to have your baby at the end if you don't romance Vette is hilarious too.
LOL, I remember that, and I think I BSed Baras like you would not believe after that one to make "me walking in and making a quite generous offer of an imperial estate" sound like I put the screws to them.

then as Darth Imperius I'm pretty sure I got lightside points for torturing a guy on Balmorra, but he was a smug asshole anyway so I laughed while I did it. Lightside Sith is hard but oh so fucking rewarding.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

I don't see how lightside Sith is hard, it's just generally playing a pragmatic character that wants shit to get done and has no interest in pointless fighting, where two sentences are going to fix the situation in your favour.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Commander Vaughn
Redshirt

Post by Commander Vaughn »

Watching these videos made me redownload Star Wars: The Old Republic and give it another try. I bought the game when it first came out and played it for quite some time, making a Sith Warrior named Grendel which I leveled to 46. So imagine how disappointed I was when it turned out that I'd lost the name Grendel, and now I can't play my 46 Sith Warrior until I rename him. :(
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 pm I don't see how lightside Sith is hard, it's just generally playing a pragmatic character that wants shit to get done and has no interest in pointless fighting, where two sentences are going to fix the situation in your favour.
Part of the fun of being a LS Sith is it's clear the majority of Sith are poseurs not interested in their religion's philosophy. They're a bunch of arrogant pampered highborn nobles while the Sith Way is a savage creed based on survival of the fittest as well as what does not kill you makes you stronger. So, the poseur Sith constantly trying to prove their street cred by abusing those weaker than themselves and taking the easiest routes to power.

While the LS Sith warriors generally don't need to bother abusing those weaker than themselves because they have nothing to prove. So there's no reason to abuse most people save sadism or not being smart enough to persuade people to follow their own self-interest (like with Jaesa's parents). They may also simply honor their word and not betray people simply because that's usually good business.
Last edited by CharlesPhipps on Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:24 am, edited 5 times in total.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:07 am
Madner Kami wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:09 pm I don't see how lightside Sith is hard, it's just generally playing a pragmatic character that wants shit to get done and has no interest in pointless fighting, where two sentences are going to fix the situation in your favour.
Part of the fun of being a LS Sith is it's clear the majority of Sith are poseurs not interested in the philosophy. They're a bunch of arrogant pampered highborn nobles and the Sith is a savage philosophy based on survival of the fittest as well as what does not kill you makes you stronger. So, they're constantly trying to prove their street cred by abusing those weaker than themselves and using the easiest routes to power.
This.

My lightside Sith Warrior believes that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

So therefore somebody who's just dragged themselves home in a sorry heap after single-handedly wiping out half an army is so far above some asshole sipping wine and whining about how rich his daddy is that they're not even in the same galaxy. And in the same vein, slaves of the Sith are better than the Sith because those slaves survive cartoonishly abusive psychopaths while the Sith are...cartoonishly abusive psychopaths. Therefore, don't enslave people, and if you HAVE to, then treat them nicely, otherwise they'll get stronger than you and beat the shit out of you later.

I also like to spare really powerful and clever enemies when it's safe for me to do so, on the grounds that going up against them later on will be good exercise and good fun. So...that, yeah, that apparently makes me equal to Luke Skywalker.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

To use TV tropes.

LS Republic people are The Paragon

LS Sith are Noble Demons

You're Captain America on the Republic while the Sith's lightside is more Wolverine and Deadpool.

You're still an antihero but your violence is generally well-directed.

Conan would fit home among the Sith once he got past the whole magic thing.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 am To use TV tropes.

LS Republic people are The Paragon

LS Sith are Noble Demons

You're Captain America on the Republic while the Sith's lightside is more Wolverine and Deadpool.

You're still an antihero but your violence is generally well-directed.

Conan would fit home among the Sith once he got past the whole magic thing.
Fair point, though tbf lightside Republic can get...really, really preachy. Especially Consular.

Trooper is watered-down Commander Shepard with less fun mechanics, so at least that's good fun.

So far my favorites have to be:
Lightside Warrior (just...fun, damn it)
Lightside Inquisitor (I tortured a man and got lightside points for it IIRC)
Agent (either, but grey bordering on lightside is generally the more pragmatic option for MOST of the storyline)
Darkside Inquisitor (because cartoonish evil taken up to 11 becomes strangely hilarious)
Trooper
Medium Knight (strikes a nice balance between heroic and smug IMO)
Lightside Smuggler (just goofy fun)
then down at the bottom are Hunter (because of that one fucking toad guy who I want to shoot) and Consular (because the writing just isn't very good).
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Well, whenever we get to the Warrior review, we should be getting to see some of that LS fun, since I was the one who requested it. Sort of why I'm glad Winter the Inquisitor is playing more towards the DS angle (even if not 100% completely), so the Sith characters will have some clearer differentiation.
Trooper924
Redshirt

Post by Trooper924 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 am You're Captain America on the Republic while the Sith's lightside is more Wolverine and Deadpool.
Funnily enough, the Male Trooper is voiced by Brian Bloom who was Captain America on the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.