SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by Steve »

Trooper924 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:41 am
CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:18 am You're Captain America on the Republic while the Sith's lightside is more Wolverine and Deadpool.
Funnily enough, the Male Trooper is voiced by Brian Bloom who was Captain America on the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon.
Yep. It's why I've referred to that class as picking between Captain America and Commander Shepard.

With Jedi Knights you pick between Solid Snake and... well, a whole crapload of animated and VG characters Kari Wahlgren has voiced over her career.

If you're the Female Consular you're the lady detective on Ceres in The Expanse. :)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Asvarduil
Officer

Post by Asvarduil »

SabreMau wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:37 am Well, whenever we get to the Warrior review, we should be getting to see some of that LS fun, since I was the one who requested it. Sort of why I'm glad Winter the Inquisitor is playing more towards the DS angle (even if not 100% completely), so the Sith characters will have some clearer differentiation.
While I appreciate the DS Inquisitor, the LS Inquisitor is also very interesting.

For instance, Part 3 of Inquisitor is the latest released at the time I'm writing this. Instead of torturing the Rist woman, you try to convince her to rekindle her old flame with Nomen Karr, and she seems like she's getting through to him. You go with her to meet him, at which point his dumb ass goes all holy-roly on you, where you can deliver a really, really satisfying verbal smackdown about how you're more Light than he'll ever be...and you love!

Of course, he's 'Awful Stupid, so you'll still have to fight him, which devastates Ms. Rist. This is why I refer to Nomen Karr with his very own Jedi prestige class: Jedi Clam-Jammer. I meant it to be exactly as flattering as it sounds.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Mind you, Nomen would be 99% percent right assuming you're a evil Edgelord.

There's another great moment if you can get an all LS party of Imperials in Revan's Flashpoint. Revan gives this insane speech and all of the Sith just try to talk him down. It's clear the conversation is not going how he planned.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:28 pm Mind you, Nomen would be 99% percent right assuming you're a evil Edgelord.

There's another great moment if you can get an all LS party of Imperials in Revan's Flashpoint. Revan gives this insane speech and all of the Sith just try to talk him down. It's clear the conversation is not going how he planned.
I did that as Darth Imperius, it was so funny!
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Worffan101 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:14 pmI did that as Darth Imperius, it was so funny!
Revan: "Listen, I expected this speech from the Jedi group that for some reason never came. Not the Sith."

DS Jedi Knight: "Kill the Sith! KILL THEM ALL!"

Lord Scourge: "You realize I'm red, right?"

DS Jedi Knight: "Not you!"

LS Sith Warrior: "It's not too late! The power of love can save you!"

Revan: "What is WRONG with this era?"
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

I imagine the conversation gets more entertaining with my grey Inq.

Revan: Sith can't be trusted!
Inq: By the way have you met Ashara? She's my Jedi apprentice.
Ashara: Hello.
Revan: You...you mean fallen Jedi...
*Inq and Ashara look at each other shrug*
Both: Maybe?
Ashara: I guess I have been blending the Sith and Jedi codes huh?
Revan: ...
Inq: By the way did you study that holocron Talos gave us about that one Jedi who did work with ghosts?
Ashara: Yes, thank you, my lord.
Inq: Good girl, Ashara.
Revan: WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS TIME?!
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

SuccubusYuri wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:24 am I imagine the conversation gets more entertaining with my grey Inq.

Revan: Sith can't be trusted!
Inq: By the way have you met Ashara? She's my Jedi apprentice.
Ashara: Hello.
Revan: You...you mean fallen Jedi...
*Inq and Ashara look at each other shrug*
Both: Maybe?
Ashara: I guess I have been blending the Sith and Jedi codes huh?
Revan: ...
Inq: By the way did you study that holocron Talos gave us about that one Jedi who did work with ghosts?
Ashara: Yes, thank you, my lord.
Inq: Good girl, Ashara.
Revan: WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THIS TIME?!
"This is Jaesa Wilsaam, I converted her to the Sith side after her master turned out to be one DARK motherfucker. She can see the light and darkness inside people and decided that since I was more virtuous than most Jedi Masters I was clearly the better option.

"To be honest I still don't know how I'm Light just because I don't murder people for kicks, but I guess compared to the average Sith...yeah, that's a low bar."

"A Sith apprentice! She too must die..."

"Oh, no, she's still mostly a Jedi. We discuss the Sith and Jedi codes a lot. Both really boil down to "trust in the Force" so we end up agreeing more often than not. Also, have you met my personal spy? She was given to me as a slave but I let her go about .003 seconds later because I was queasy around that shock collar and I believe that keeping slaves makes me weaker and said slaves more worthy of my status than me. So yeah. She's pretty nice.

"And this is Broonmark. He...he just likes to murder people, he really is kind of a bad dude, but he does what I say so he can't be all bad."

"..."

"Are you alright, Revan?"

"...there was a Jedi who freed me from Maelstrom Prison who laughed in my face about liking to murder people for fun, compared to him you should be teaching on Tython, ma'am."
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

I admit, I loved what Bioware did with the Dark Jedi and Bright Sith in the area. There's thousands of force users in a complex war so of course it's mixed up.
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

I'm kind of disappointed, my favorite Ashara conversion is when you just zap her into submission. It flows better with her early companion chats where she's very confrontational. She comes along less as a willing apprentice and more of someone who wants to learn why a Sith can be so much stronger than she, but I'll never get corrupted not in a million years! Also the warp bubble Wesley joke was too funny.

But no matter the case all of Ashara's variations are far more interesting to me than Jaesa's double-or-nothing paths. Which I understand them not wanting to repeat the same material between the two, but I think Jaesa suffers from being way too cartoony.