Why does Chuck use the name James on the lorereloaded vids?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Re: Why does Chuck use the name James on the lorereloaded vids?

Post by Steve »

SFDebris wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:48 pm The thing about living a double life is that there's little time left to try to lead a triple life.
Like the TV pilot Wonder Woman tried, you mean? I'd hate to hear you're throwing steel pipes through the throats of honest hard-working security guards like myself. ;)
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Yeah, that sounds nothing like Chuck. At all.
rickgriffin
Officer

Post by rickgriffin »

The funny thing to me is that Chuck's workload seems half again as heavy as my own and I'm also self-employed and work through Patreon. I don't know how he'd manage to have ANOTHER channel on top of SFDebris
slochmoeller
Redshirt

Post by slochmoeller »

clearspira wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:43 pm
Jonathan101 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:57 pm I know LoreReloaded and I never once thought he sounded like Chuck.

Also, if he is Chuck, Chuck is dumb because LoreReloaded thinks that the Dominion can beat the Borg in an all-out war.

(also, also- if he IS Chuck, then behold: the face of Chuck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Us4v8 ... gs=pl%2Cwn
That is the final nail in this coffin, no one who protects his identity so closely would be so sloppy. And in regards to the Dominion VS the Borg, there is no contest. The Borg ability to adapt would render their space force useless, and the Jem'Hadar themselves would make for excellent drones (and don't tell me that the Borg could not produce their own version of Ketrecel White or create an antidote.)
The only cause for concern would be the Founders, but they simply are not numerous enough to turn the tide of a full all-out war, and we don't know that they cannot be assimilated.
I've discussed this at length with my brother, and to touch on one part: There sometimes comes up the question "Can X species be assimilated?" You mention the founders, we sometimes wonder about Transformers or Mega Man X. In response to this, I've mentioned that you have to be careful how you define "Assimilation." Most people think of a standard issue borg drone. That may not work for the founders, but the borg could possibly "Assimilate them," incorporate their life form, in another fasion. It would just look and work differently.
Lore Reloaded
Redshirt

Post by Lore Reloaded »

Hey All,

I decided to do some looking and didn't realize that SFdebris had a forum..which is sad given that I've been an sfdebris fan for years. I am, indeed, not chuck - in the slightest. Though SFdebris had a huge impact on how i put my channel together. I've referenced him several times and even utilized his 'mother f'n pimphand' joke - though pointing out its his.

I wish I could be half the reviewer that Sfdebris is - alas that's not the case. I know people have brought up my video on the borg vs. dominion. That video is pretty old and was one of the first videos I did - unfortunately its one of the most popular to. I intend to redo it.

As others have stated, I don't stand by the comments on that video these days. My real problem with putting the Dominion Vs. The Borg is which dominion era do I use? Best of Both World Borg are nigh undefeatable save for plot armor, Voyager Borg are a bit more maneagable but I still think a losing battle.. I don't know. Anyway - I would agree that I don't think we sound anything alike. But if not for sfdebris, my channel wouldn't be somewhat of what it is.. Hope this clears it up.

Also, not that I think anyone really is going to care - but I'm happy to verify this is actually me via my channel should such a confirmation need be done ;P
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

As he was kind enough to come by and disavow being Chuck and didn't link his channel I thought I should.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDnnEb ... Lt5vRJCO5A
Starbug
Officer

Post by Starbug »

LoreReloaded has admitted to "borrowing" a few bits from Chuck, such as the USS Ben Sisko's Mother-Fucking Pimp Hand.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Lore Reloaded
Redshirt

Post by Lore Reloaded »

Starbug wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:44 pm LoreReloaded has admitted to "borrowing" a few bits from Chuck, such as the USS Ben Sisko's Mother-Fucking Pimp Hand.
Yea... I literally typed that not two posts above this one.. Is there a point to reiterating that or?

SFdebris is a prolifically well known reviewer of trek in most circles, and I've given his website (and his channel) multiple shout outs.

People quote him on videos that aren't even related to him at all. So I used something people can easily identify as his work, admitted its his work, promoted him.. What specifically are we wanting to point out here?
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I think it was an attempt to explain why someone confused you two.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Lore Reloaded
Redshirt

Post by Lore Reloaded »

Ahh, that makes sense. I honestly don't think we sound all that alike - do we? Sfdebris has a deeper voice.. as far as i can tell.