Night of the Meek

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Michel_Stango
Redshirt

Re: Night of the Meek

Post by Michel_Stango »

Truly excellent, thank you Chuck! That's pretty much my favorite episode of the Twilight Zone and you nailed it.
Lizuka
Officer

Post by Lizuka »

Easily one of my favorite Twilight Zone episodes. One of those ones that's always appointment viewing for me in marathons.
cdrood
Officer

Post by cdrood »

I think Serling had a keen eye that not everyone deserves to be f'd with. There's the episode with William Shatner where he becomes obsessed with the fortune telling thing in the diner. His new wife is desperate to get him to stop. He finally decides to get up and take life as it comes. Yes there's a slight twist with another couple that can't break themselves free. The ending is still happy for the couple we care about.

It never says outright whether the thing has actual powers or not. It's just that it doesn't matter. If you wait for someone to tell you the future will be perfect, you'll just stay stuck in the present.
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

Chuck notes that the store manager is Piglet, but the more natural reference might have been that he is Mr. Hengist from the Star Trek episode Wolf in the Fold, who turns out to be possessed by the Jack the Ripper alien. I am now trying to remember if in his Wolf in the Fold review he referenced that Mr. H was Piglet.
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

I'm pretty sure he did.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!