Red Dwarf: Entangled - Lister's Space Suit Chestplate

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Cybershaman
Redshirt

Red Dwarf: Entangled - Lister's Space Suit Chestplate

Post by Cybershaman »

Starting at the 3:46 mark of the video (https://sfdebris.com/videos/reddwarf/rd10e4.php) check out the chestplate on Lister's space suit. It's actually the front of an Antec SX830 computer case.
I knew I saw it somewhere before. Now I can rest easy at night. ;)
PerrySimm
Captain

Re: Red Dwarf: Entangled - Lister's Space Suit Chestplate

Post by PerrySimm »

No front panel USB? Tear it down for parts!
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Nice catch. :lol:
Cybershaman
Redshirt

Post by Cybershaman »

PerrySimm wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:07 am No front panel USB? Tear it down for parts!
Evidently, Lister (or, let's face it, more likely someone else) thought the same thing! :P
Deledrius wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:40 am Nice catch. :lol:
I actually own an Antec case from that time period and several other Antec cases at the time had similar styling. I couldn't help myself. If I hadn't found out where it came from, it would have kept me up for days. I am constantly looking up objects that appear in the background of TV shows and movies. I need some serious help. ;)
Wolf359
Redshirt

Post by Wolf359 »

It’s like in that episode where Kochanski was going to vapourize Lister’s cat, the controls for the machine was one of them old Lights Out games.
Cybershaman
Redshirt

Post by Cybershaman »

It's fun catching things like that in movies and TV shows. It's basically a kind of macro-scale-kit-bashing. :) Like using styrofoam food containers to greeble the corridors of sci-fi spaceships. When it's taken to the extreme you get shows like Mystery Science Theater 3000. ;)