Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Admiral X
Captain

Re: Shows I'd like to see Chuck review

Post by Admiral X »

I'd love to see him do the first Mass Effect game.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

He said he has had Code Geass requested. That is something I am REALLY looking forward to. I also second FakeGeekGirl's nomination of The 4400.
Dînadan
Officer

Post by Dînadan »

I'd like to see more Transformers stuff, mainly more of the original 80s cartoon and the '86 film, more Beast Wars and Transformers Prime.
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Post by MadAmosMalone »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote:One example- a series of reviews of The War of the Worlds in all (or at least several) of its forms: original novel-Orson Welles' infamous radio drama-one of the best sci-fi movies of the 50s-a tv show sequel in the 80s-a modern Spielburg adaption. I wouldn't dare to request such a task even if requests were open, but it would be fun to see.
I could definitely get behind this idea. I guess if I would add anything it would be Independence Day since it was basically an "update" of this story.

I also would second Slacker's idea for Lexx. That's one weird show.
rickgriffin
Officer

Post by rickgriffin »

Steve wrote:I personally can't wait for him to finish The Legend of Korra.
I'd actually like him to go back and be significantly more in-depth with Avatar; it feels like a bit of a waste to rush through every season.

Ever since he did the reviews of the original movies, I'd like him to do Terminator 2, Back to the Future 2 & 3, and Ghostbusters 2, possibly with a particular emphasis on success/failure re: recycling plotlines

Also because he does superheroes enough I'd like to see One-Punch Man reviewed sometime in the far future when the series is completed. It's very silly but the series as a whole is ripe commentary on superheroics.
MadAmosMalone
Officer

Post by MadAmosMalone »

The Last Starfighter was a fun, very 80s, scifi romp. It was song-and-dance-man Robert Preston's last movie (well not counting TV movies anyway). It had a great score from Craig Safan. It was an early effort at all CGI effects. It also had Trek actors, Meg Wylie (the Talosian Keeper), Wil Wheaton and Marc Alaimo in bit parts in it. Another Trek guest star and fellow Arkie, Norman Snow (Torin from TNG's Rightful Heir) had a major part in it. Not a great movie by any stretch but it was certainly good. I think it would be well worth Chuck's time to look it over.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I'd love for Chuck to do the rest of Blake's 7 and to cover Disney's The Black Hole But I'm weird like that.
animalia
Officer

Post by animalia »

Robovski wrote:I'd love for Chuck to do the rest of Blake's 7 and to cover Disney's The Black Hole But I'm weird like that.
I managed to request episode 5 of Blake's 7 before the que shut down. Does that help any?
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

animalia wrote:
Robovski wrote:I'd love for Chuck to do the rest of Blake's 7 and to cover Disney's The Black Hole But I'm weird like that.
I managed to request episode 5 of Blake's 7 before the que shut down. Does that help any?
Yes it does :)
nebagram
Officer

Post by nebagram »

I'll lend a third voice to Lexx. That's a cult classic that needs a hell of a lot more exposure than it got. Personally, though, I'd rather see Chuck tackle some more modern stuff. The 100 would probably be top of that list, if only to hear his audible facepalms at the season 2 'blood/bone marrow' plot and the inevitable verbal slip of calling Mount Weather 'Vault 101'.

Humans would be another show where each episode would risk being 75% actor allusions, but would prompt a lot of insight from Chuck.

Oh, and there's always Ulysses 31. :-)