Red Dwarf: Trojan

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Fianna
Captain

Red Dwarf: Trojan

Post by Fianna »

http://www.sfdebris.com/videos/reddwarf/rd10e1.php

Maybe it's explained in the episode itself: why does getting shot with a laser kill a hologram? Did she just happen to hit him square in the light bead?
clearspira
Overlord

Re: Red Dwarf: Trojan

Post by clearspira »

Fianna wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:41 pm http://www.sfdebris.com/videos/reddwarf/rd10e1.php

Maybe it's explained in the episode itself: why does getting shot with a laser kill a hologram? Did she just happen to hit him square in the light bead?
Red Dwarf operates on the ''Ah, Screw It'' principle of storytelling. If it works for whatever script that they are writing then that is what they are going with. Which I am fine with tbh as RD has been like that since series 1.
I'm guessing though that if Ace Rimmer can take a fatal shot to the bee with a WW2 German pistol then a high-powered laser will be just as effective. Which goes against what we were told in ''Legion'' about how indestructible hard light is but screw it...
Nevix
Officer

Post by Nevix »

There's something about the Hard Light Construct nature of holograms in the Red Dwarf Universe that makes them vulnerable to being injured and killed.

It's definitely very much an "Ah, screw it, it's funnier this way!" decision, which helps the comedy, but makes it more ridiculous and sometimes a bit much.

One version of Rimmer died to a neutron bomb, if I remember correctly.
Killerbee256
Redshirt

Post by Killerbee256 »

I never liked this new series, it feels like Lister lost all the growth he went through in the previous series.
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

Killerbee256 wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:05 pm I never liked this new series, it feels like Lister lost all the growth he went through in the previous series.
Not really.
GrantM
Redshirt

Post by GrantM »

Well I watched both reviews and I still don't like Red Dwarf. If only Dave learned not to film it in front of an audience from season 10 onward but they did and it was the biggest mistake they ever made
unknownsample
Officer

Post by unknownsample »

GrantM wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:44 pm Well I watched both reviews and I still don't like Red Dwarf. If only Dave learned not to film it in front of an audience from season 10 onward but they did and it was the biggest mistake they ever made
Really because not having a studio audience is regarded as having been one of the things that really undermined Back to Earth. Bringing back the studio audience was actually a good thing and helped make Series X a success.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

unknownsample wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:45 pm
GrantM wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:44 pm Well I watched both reviews and I still don't like Red Dwarf. If only Dave learned not to film it in front of an audience from season 10 onward but they did and it was the biggest mistake they ever made
Really because not having a studio audience is regarded as having been one of the things that really undermined Back to Earth. Bringing back the studio audience was actually a good thing and helped make Series X a success.
Agreed, Back to Earth was injured badly by how silent it was.
Wolf359
Redshirt

Post by Wolf359 »

What is it with Red Dwarf and ripping off Star Trek uniforms? Here, they’re clearly based on the First Contact/DS9 uniforms, and in that one where Rimmer tries to join that hologram ship, that crew had distinctly TOS movie uniforms...
GrantM
Redshirt

Post by GrantM »

clearspira wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:30 pm
unknownsample wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:45 pm
Agreed, Back to Earth was injured badly by how silent it was.
Are you fucking kidding me? It's a breath of fresh air without an audience. Again something I wish Dave would have taken consideration but instead we get clapping and cheering constantly in the last few episodes like retards......what z waste of a show