SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
hammerofglass
Captain

Re: SW The Old Republic: Sith Inquisitor

Post by hammerofglass »

Yukaphile wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:53 pm FUCK YEAH! SF Debris confirmed something I'd wanted to hear for a while I never got to hear while playing TOR before it crashed on me - same-sex couples are possible, woo-hoo!
Just for clarification, there aren't any in the base game. Rise of the Hutt Cartel and other post-release stuff has them, but they're more like brief flings than romance plotlines.
...for space is wide, and good friends are too few.
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

As a previous observation has noted, Rise of the Cartel Coin had the unfortunate implication of "the planet of casual gays only into casual sex" as being the only non-heterosexual planet in the galaxy.

Don't get me wrong, Lana is best waifu, but it is pretty weird how we get to hear about Kaliyo's pretty-heavily-bisexual exploits almost as a "oh we didn't forget, that was George!" And it's pretty weird to say that at least Dark Jaesa wouldn't be into it with how obsessed with....exploring herself she is.

I think one of the striking things for me was how a friend of mine and I were talking about the Agent story, and he was very "Aw yeah it's so James Bond it's kind of campy and amazing!" and I asked "What do you mean? Because it's a secret agent?" And he was like "No, I mean how you get to sleep around with everyone and they have roll saving throws against your lips to get the mission done and everything else you have a license to kill." We had completely different interpretations of the story pretty boiled down to the fact that my fem-agent had very, very few of those opportunities.

Also Khem is pretty homoerotic =P
SuccubusYuri
Officer

Post by SuccubusYuri »

Also do we take away from this week that Chuck rolled a fem-Inq purely to flirt with Talos? He keeps making a point about it xD
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

SuccubusYuri wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:57 am As a previous observation has noted, Rise of the Cartel Coin had the unfortunate implication of "the planet of casual gays only into casual sex" as being the only non-heterosexual planet in the galaxy.

Don't get me wrong, Lana is best waifu, but it is pretty weird how we get to hear about Kaliyo's pretty-heavily-bisexual exploits almost as a "oh we didn't forget, that was George!" And it's pretty weird to say that at least Dark Jaesa wouldn't be into it with how obsessed with....exploring herself she is.

I think one of the striking things for me was how a friend of mine and I were talking about the Agent story, and he was very "Aw yeah it's so James Bond it's kind of campy and amazing!" and I asked "What do you mean? Because it's a secret agent?" And he was like "No, I mean how you get to sleep around with everyone and they have roll saving throws against your lips to get the mission done and everything else you have a license to kill." We had completely different interpretations of the story pretty boiled down to the fact that my fem-agent had very, very few of those opportunities.

Also Khem is pretty homoerotic =P
I'm still upset that Lana turned into a backstabbing asshole in KOTFE. Then again KOTFE and KOTET both kinda sucked major ass.

I mean, I only really played the main missions and tried to solo some of the flashpoints, and I just...couldn't get into it. It only really WORKS if you're a Jedi Knight or MAYBE a consular. My LS Sith Warrior who lives by a very harsh but fair code of "what doesn't kill you makes you strong, so get out there and work and help people so you can be the fucking strongest" just didn't fit, much less a bounty hunter or god forbid a smuggler or agent.
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

SuccubusYuri wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:13 am Also do we take away from this week that Chuck rolled a fem-Inq purely to flirt with Talos? He keeps making a point about it xD
Maybe. Rex-Dart didn't romance anyone, shutting down Kaliyo when she attempted it. I guess Raina was available, but also not taken. Winter would probably go for Talos if it was an available option, doesn't seem the Andronikos type. We'll have to wait and see if Bounty Hunter goes for Mako/Torian, and I'm really hoping we get to see some Malavai action. His romance emails are very practical.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

It worked well for my LS Sith Inquisitor.
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:50 pm It worked well for my LS Sith Inquisitor.
KOTFE? Huh.

I spent a lot of time wondering why we needed to backstab the already banged-up Mandalorians. And why I couldn't just stab the asshole who killed the only competent Dark Council member and locked me up for way the fuck too long after his evil daddy who I had by this point tried to straight-up murder for personal advancement multiple times whammied me.

...god that was an overly complicated subplot.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

mathewgsmith wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:53 pm
Yukaphile wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:53 pm FUCK YEAH! SF Debris confirmed something I'd wanted to hear for a while I never got to hear while playing TOR before it crashed on me - same-sex couples are possible, woo-hoo!
Just for clarification, there aren't any in the base game. Rise of the Hutt Cartel and other post-release stuff has them, but they're more like brief flings than romance plotlines.
Well, at least until KOTFE's big reboot, the romances you can have with Theron and Lana have some weight IIRC.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Also, apparently dataminers are saying an upcoming update will let female JKs romance Kira Carsen.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Worffan101 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:58 am
I'm still upset that Lana turned into a backstabbing asshole in KOTFE. Then again KOTFE and KOTET both kinda sucked major ass.

I mean, I only really played the main missions and tried to solo some of the flashpoints, and I just...couldn't get into it. It only really WORKS if you're a Jedi Knight or MAYBE a consular. My LS Sith Warrior who lives by a very harsh but fair code of "what doesn't kill you makes you strong, so get out there and work and help people so you can be the fucking strongest" just didn't fit, much less a bounty hunter or god forbid a smuggler or agent.
First I do not recall Lana turning on you. I felt we were suddenly along for a ride instead of a focal point. And was disappointed that it was one practically unflavoured mission. Where my previous praise of ToR was how each class had their own story arcs and flavor to them. KotFE and KotET, both felt too much like STO's story writing. A bit bland and generic.

What makes the original storylines so interesting is looking at Winter the sith inquisitor. She is a different character than my inquisitor in more than just species. I was considered crazy because I played as pure lightside as I could and it was fun seeing forward thinking seen as insane for a sith. (Really. Being reasonable is so unusual that they wonder at your mental health. Differently Rational indeed.)

But still we are seeing the same missions with a different take on them and it is glorious.