Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
PerrySimm
Captain

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by PerrySimm »

Galactica 1980 occupies a particular sort of no-man's-land, that point on the Venn Diagram where "disappointing extra season" intersects with "disavowed spinoff"... Kind of like Crusade!

Headcanon: Benjamin Sisko was about to be promoted to Rear Admiral after taking back DS9, but the paperwork was halted due to the Jack-Pack's antics during the botched treaty talks, and then he failed to recapture Dukat.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

cilantro wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:15 am
phantom000 wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:52 am Knight Rider/Battlestar Galactica: Knight Industries is built on technology reverse engineered from the two cylons that landed on earth in Galactica 1980.
Are you talking about the old-school Battlestar Galactica or BSG?
Old school, there was a kind of spin off that showed what happened when the Galactica and the fleet reached what was then modern Earth. In one of the episodes two cylons crash on Earth and are trying to inform the Empire of Earth's location. The cylons are supposedly destroyed in a trash compactor.

The guy who created Battlestar Galactica also created Knight Rider and fans have speculated if their might be some connection there.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

That anything seen in Trek that doesn't conform to the canon I enjoy, such as TOS, the movies, TNG, and DS9, even parts of Voyager, is just another timeline, regardless of what the creators say. Like the kind seen in "Parallels." It would actually explain a lot of these plot holes, wouldn't it?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

phantom000 wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:37 pmThe cylons are supposedly destroyed in a trash compactor.
But an arm and a neural chip survive... Now I really want to see a BSG/Terminator mishmash where "all this will happen again" is referring to the stable time loop. Knight Industries thought they were protecting mankind, until the day KITT said "I'm sorry, Michael, I can't do that." Hasselhoff plays the Terminator, and Team Knight Rider are the Final Five. Can't be worse than Genisys.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Mass Effect: If you saved the Krogans from the genophage, they dominate the galaxy in a few generations, forcing every other species to a subservient role, simply due to numbers.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

FaxModem1 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:25 am Mass Effect: If you saved the Krogans from the genophage, they dominate the galaxy in a few generations, forcing every other species to a subservient role, simply due to numbers.
My headcanon is the more optimistic "The Krogran have a baby boom but the benefit of the cure reverses Krogan issues with genetic-engineering. They soon cure the Blood Rage and combined with the changes in female culture, Krogran begin practicing sustainable population growth. Mind you, they nuke Tuchunka a few times in the six or seven civil wars until this is confirmed but we expected that. Krogan gotta Krogan."

Alternatively:

The Genophage Cure wasn't quite as nice as Mordin believed and instead of making 99.99 of Krogan stillborn, it puts Krogan into fertility cycles once a century for a year and with only a few dozen eggs being fertilized. Krogan feel cheated but ultimately are less obsessive over this.
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

I've started reading Robert B. Parker's Spenser series. I've decided that Hawk is Ben Sisko's ancestor.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

The Joker from Batman is infact a demon of mayhem who has possessed numerous different people over the course of his career. Each time he takes over someone's body, he makes modifications to it much the way one might customize a new vehicle they recently acquired. In every instance in which Mister J has "died" it's really just that particular host that dies and he is merely out of action for however long it takes him to find a suitable replacement.

Joker mostly regards Harley as a pet, at least in the beginning of their relationship; he may eventually share the secret of body-hopping with her if he comes to see her as a worthy partner...
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

That would really solve the "Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker?" problem.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

My friend's headcanon is that he is in fact an agent of Nyarlathotep. The crawling chaos.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords