Justice League: Flashpoint

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Justice League: Flashpoint

Post by PapaPalpatine »

http://sfdebris.com/videos/animation/jlus2e10.php

And that, boys and girls, is why you shouldn't have everything on your space station or starship tied directly to the main computer; you're just asking to get hacked.
Last edited by PapaPalpatine on Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Justice League: Flashpoint

Post by Yukaphile »

Wait, is this the Flashpoint that kicked off the New 52? I'm confused.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

Nope different flashpoint.

Though yes, the issue isn't that they have the giant space laser, it's that they have a giant space laser with no mechanical fail safes. Despite what movie will tell you nukes cannot actually be launched automatically. You need actual people to move shit and throw switches. One switch would have ruined Cadmus' plan. Though given the super powered individuals walking around I would have put in a fail safe that would, in addition to some type of authorization from 4 of the main 7, required the use of some of the relatively common superpowers to physically do stuff. IE one strong guy to move something heavy, one of the stretchy guys to do something else, and someone with magic to undo a magic lock or something similar.

Actually I'd throw similar security in a lot of place. Do something like that and Task Force X would have been screwed.
PapaPalpatine
Officer

Post by PapaPalpatine »

Speaking of nukes...

"Sir... Turn your key."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Anyone else find it funny how Superman can't tank a nuke, but can tank a supernova or a big bang - depending on the writer, of course.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

TrueMetis wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:06 am Nope different flashpoint.

Though yes, the issue isn't that they have the giant space laser, it's that they have a giant space laser with no mechanical fail safes. Despite what movie will tell you nukes cannot actually be launched automatically. You need actual people to move shit and throw switches. One switch would have ruined Cadmus' plan. Though given the super powered individuals walking around I would have put in a fail safe that would, in addition to some type of authorization from 4 of the main 7, required the use of some of the relatively common superpowers to physically do stuff. IE one strong guy to move something heavy, one of the stretchy guys to do something else, and someone with magic to undo a magic lock or something similar.

Actually I'd throw similar security in a lot of place. Do something like that and Task Force X would have been screwed.
Just saying...

But you are right. The Leagues failsafe is the League itself, as they are all good people who do no wrong. Why this is flawed is clear from an outside point of view.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
SpacePaladin
Redshirt

Post by SpacePaladin »

Alas, the family's other pet, Rocksteady, didn't make it.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

SpacePaladin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:46 am Alas, the family's other pet, Rocksteady, didn't make it.
Har-har :D
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

I was kind of disappointed when I realized this was NOT a review of the Flashpoint Paradox movie. It's still a good review though.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

As I had indicated, I thought it was a review of the Flashpoint comic series that kicked off the New 52. I was wondering why SF Debris was covering comics. He's done a few books, but... comics are not really his genre of choice, which... is sad, given how much of a superhero fan he is.