My Little Pony: Spring Equinox Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
rocklobster
Redshirt

Re: My Little Pony: Spring Equinox Show

Post by rocklobster »

I'm thinking the only reason he does MLP at all is the "Money, Dear Boy" trope. Just like Linkara.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

rocklobster wrote:I'm thinking the only reason he does MLP at all is the "Money, Dear Boy" trope. Just like Linkara.
It's more like that he received requests for those episodes and he does try to honor said requests, but he has to deal with the people who hate the MLP stuff on his show.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

rocklobster wrote:I'm thinking the only reason he does MLP at all is the "Money, Dear Boy" trope. Just like Linkara.
If so, is it a big deal? "Money, Dear Boy" was the reason we have the Mona Lisa.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

While I've been aware of the 'Brony' subculture for a while, I never would have watched MLP at all had it not been for Chuck's reviews... and now I'm glad I did. It's not something I'd re-watch, but it really is an excellent show and deserves the accolades it's received.

I do wonder about the episode selections reviewed, though; it feels kind of random. If you're going to review the ponies in batches, it makes more sense to group them by thematically (as the upcoming examination of Rainbow Dash seems to do). Unless that's exactly what Chuck is doing while trying to clear out his Pony backlog, and this set was the best way for him to group a set that couldn't be fit together elsewhere.

ETA: Because of Chuck's reviews, I can fully appreciate this rather brilliant Dresden Files/MLP crossover fanfic. If Jim Butcher does a signing near me (which he should, seeing as how I live in Chicago), I intend to ask him about it.

Three words: Bob. In. Equestria.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

george have you watched the eqeustria girls films if not i recomend you do
Tarn Vedra
Redshirt

Post by Tarn Vedra »

I love MLP just as love Ducktales or Rescue Rangers, but Equestria Girls is where it gets too weird for me.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

Tarn Vedra wrote:I love MLP just as love Ducktales or Rescue Rangers, but Equestria Girls is where it gets too weird for me.
why? EQ is worth it for sunset alone she is by far the best developed character
Tarn Vedra
Redshirt

Post by Tarn Vedra »

Because i am straight male and i get turned on by girls/women ever animated ones. On one hand they are basically high-school girls, on the other they are anthropomorphised ponies and don´t have breasts for some reason. So i feel weird and guilty watching that.
Serapham
Redshirt

Post by Serapham »

Independent George wrote: ETA: Because of Chuck's reviews, I can fully appreciate this rather brilliant Dresden Files/MLP crossover fanfic. If Jim Butcher does a signing near me (which he should, seeing as how I live in Chicago), I intend to ask him about it.
Three words: Bob. In. Equestria.
Yeah that was awesome, There is another major crossover fic "My Little Denarians" that involves Nicci going to Equestria to try and talk Discord into coming and spreading a bit of chaos on Earth. While TDF is written more in Butcher's style, MLD just takes everything awesome about the two series, tosses it in a blender with a bunch of other stuff and hits 'frappe' leading to pure, epic win. Hell one scene has Harry trying to work out the logistics of how to field a team of lightsaber wielding ponies, and includes the phrase "Lash, do we have an duct tape?" It's technically a sequel to a short little one shot called FOREVER! Where Pinkie Pie just shows up in Harry's apartment and proceeds to be Pinkie Pie.

Those fics got me into the shear raw epic AWESOME that is Dresden.

As to Butcher, he knows full well about the fics, he's even tweeted about at least the Dresden Fillies a few times... while in the process of writing Skin Game..... in which we find out Maggie is into the show, or at least the Dresdenverse version of it
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

Tarn Vedra wrote:Because i am straight male and i get turned on by girls/women ever animated ones. On one hand they are basically high-school girls, on the other they are anthropomorphised ponies and don´t have breasts for some reason. So i feel weird and guilty watching that.

uh the EG girls do have breasts and you should watch it for the stories

if you want sexual material midnight sparkle and day dream shimmer got you ocverd plus some scenes in legend of ever free