Babylon 5: Eyes

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
cdrood
Officer

Re: Babylon 5: Eyes

Post by cdrood »

Alec Guiness spent most of the movie NOT wanting to blow up the bridge.
cdrood
Officer

Post by cdrood »

I do like the idea of Gray. He's a different angle on Psi-Corps. Bester is a full on believer of telepath superiority and loves wearing jackboots. We don't know what Lita or Talia would have been, but like with Bester it seems their telepathy manifested very early in life. "The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father." is more literal to them because they never knew anything else.

Gray was nearly an adult when his abilities manifested and already had hopes, dreams, and goals for his future. He doesn't have the emotional ties to the Corps others do because he sees it as something that screwed up his life and he's just trying to do his best to get a piece of the life he wanted with the restrictions he lives under. Maybe the Byron arc would have gone better if there was a character like him involved.

I wonder if his name is Gray due to being somewhere between Bester and Lita/Talia.
Archanubis
Officer

Post by Archanubis »

Cassandra wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:26 am
Archanubis wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:28 am If he wants to finish off Season 1 so he doesn't have to deal with it anymore, more power to him (though he'll still have Season 5 to slog through).
"Now I don't have to hit my fingers with a hammer any more I can look forward to breaking both legs!"
Now I'm hoping Chuck steals this line the next time he does a S5 episode.
Alinis
Redshirt

Post by Alinis »

Eh season five wasn't as bad for me because of the plots dealing Lando and G'Kar which were pure gold in my view.

Come to think of it before rewatching the series recently I think almost the only things I did remember from season five was what Lando and G'kar were doing.
G-Man
Officer

Post by G-Man »

Lando is a Star Wars character.

I think you mean Londo.
"You say I'm a dreamer/we're two of a kind/looking for some perfect world/we know we'll never find" - Thompson Twins
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

No, it's definitely Lando.

The problem here is the spelling of the Narn ambassador's name. Everyone knows that should be Shakaar.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Don't you mean Gul Dukhat, the leader of the Grey Council who made a pact with the shadowy Dominion?
SFDebris
The Doctor

Post by SFDebris »

Live long, and may the Force be with you to infinity, and beyond!
“I can't give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.”

― Herbert Bayard Swope
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh, wait, wait, wait, wait! That was a Vulcan reference, a Star Wars reference, and a Buzz Lightyear reference! That's a threefer! :P
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Durandal_1707
Captain

Post by Durandal_1707 »

I was gonna post a follow-up about Leeta Alexander, the telepathic Dabo girl, but I don't think I can compete with the last few. :D