Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Cassandra
Redshirt

Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

Post by Cassandra »

Right-wing extremism in the United States appears to be growing. The number of terrorist attacks by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, doubling between 2016 and 2017. The recent pipe bombs and the October 27, 2018, synagogue attack in Pittsburgh are symptomatic of this trend. U.S. federal and local agencies need to quickly double down to counter this threat. There has also been a rise in far-right attacks in Europe, jumping 43 percent between 2016 and 2017.
Full article: https://www.csis.org/analysis/rise-far- ... ted-states

The Trumpkins have been busy.

Meanwhile, fighting right-wing violence is a low priority for the DHS.
Last edited by Cassandra on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
One and a half bits short of a two bit writer.
TGLS
Captain

Re: Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

Post by TGLS »

Well you can't argue with facts.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Cassandra
Redshirt

Post by Cassandra »

TGLS wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:01 am Well you can't argue with facts.
I remember when it was possible to say that unironically.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I hate this world so much, I just want it to burn down...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
TGLS
Captain

Post by TGLS »

Cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:03 am
I was looking for strikethrough markup, but it isn't here, so I went with pure sarcasm.
"I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
When I am writing in this font, I am writing in my moderator voice.
Spam-desu
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:03 am
No, no, no, those alternative facts are just as valid as your so-called real facts, because the alternative facts come from a world where the USA is under siege by Mexicans and Muslims who want to breed white people away!

/s

In all seriousness, I'm not surprised at all. Twitler's been tacitly encouraging these whack jobs for years, no wonder they went out and started killing people.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Oh, well let's just ignore all the antifa and BAMN activity then.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Admiral X wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 am Oh, well let's just ignore all the antifa and BAMN activity then.
I was going to satirize you, but you saved me the trouble.

A man sending bombs to the political opponents of the current president, sure, but that's not important, or not rEAL, because ANTIFA IS PUNCHING PEOPLE! D8

As far as you are concerned, the continued existence of Antifa is enough of an excuse to dismiss any and all problems with right-wing domestic terrorism.

I'm being serious here! The actual thread, the actual topic, is real-life right wing domestic terrorists killing and trying to kill people! And you haven't addressed that reality, you completely sideswipe it in favor of Antifa! Even if antifa were dragging out elderly white men into the streets and killing them with chainsaws to public applause, it wouldn't make those FACTS posted in the original post any less true and any less of a problem, because HOMOCIDAL TERRORISTS ARE BAD!
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Cassandra
Redshirt

Post by Cassandra »

Admiral X wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:53 am Oh, well let's just ignore all the antifa and BAMN activity then.
Right wing nut jobs shooting and bombing normal people with the defacto complicity of the federal government are rather more important than delusional snowflakes who can, on good days, get far enough beyond their bedroom doors to punch the odd right wing nut job.

There might be some place for whataboutism, but this isn't it.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Cassandra wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:41 am
Right wing nut jobs shooting and bombing normal people with the defacto complicity of the federal government are rather more important than delusional snowflakes who can, on good days, get far enough beyond their bedroom doors to punch the odd right wing nut job.

There might be some place for whataboutism, but this isn't it.
Yeah, speaking as a violent delusional snowflake, I managed to make one grocery trip today when I really needed to make two or three. Then I got angry at myself for not going to Aldi today. Then I shouted and cursed and hit myself in the face with a can of ginger ale.

...point is us ess jay dubble-yooz need a lot more of a can-do attitude and political cohesion before we murder or even try to murder anyone, unless you count staring at photos of people and trying to Scanners them.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville