Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Re: Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:59 am
Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:45 pm Oh yeah, just reminding everyone: Slash is a totally blatant Islamophobe, please ignore everything he says.
You got a problem with general religionphobia? Why?
Not that you deserve the dignity of a reply, but you hate and fear over one billion people because they wear scary headscarves and have the nerve to prayer in their heathen lingo on American soil in the sight of decent people.

Also, long shot here that gives me too much credit, but maybe belonging to a very TINY religious minority makes me leery of people who are ready to damn, condemn, and exile an entire mainstream religion?
You wanna respond or not. Make up your mind. You don't see me constantly starting arguments about my supposed awesomeness or your shittiness.

Hate? Based on what? Words cannot express how sorry i feel for most Muslims.

Praying is fine, it's dogmas and their current civic culture that has a lot to do with religion is what worries me.

I am sorry the Christians got mocked endlessly. No double standards as far as i am concerned.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, tbf, that already puts Slash ahead of my right-wing friends on Discord, who think Islam is pure evil, and think most Muslims are shitbags who don't live here in the US, and that they're a violent culture.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

If you felt so sorry for them you wouldn't call for their ban and call them evil savages trying to destroy western culture.

The 1.5 billion fucking people on earth have varying civic cultures and practice varying dogmas, just like you Christians have over a dozen denominations and everything from potluck suppers and soup kitchens to KKK rallies and child-molester protection.

When you demonize an entire religion with over a billion adherents, as mentioned, that makes me, somebody else who is not Christian, worried about what kind of public policies you'd vote for and what you intend to do when nobody is watching to heathen fuckwads like me. It's the same kind of worry I feel about the masses of right-wing Christian domestic terrorists sending mail bombs and shooting up Synagogues and attacking teenage girls with hijabs on the subway. It's the same kind of worry I feel when I see right-wing people excuse or just outright deny these things are happening.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:34 am Well, tbf, that already puts Slash ahead of my right-wing friends on Discord, who think Islam is pure evil, and think most Muslims are shitbags who don't live here in the US, and that they're a violent culture.
Wake up and smell the coffee, Yuka. He also believes Islam is pure evil and that they're a violent culture.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

He said he feels sorry for them. Let's see what his reply is.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Worffan101, I'm not talking about immigrants, I'm talking about illegal immigrants. Data for the criminality of that group is hard to come by, and I've seen data on both sides.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:55 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 pm You can call that xenophobic if you want, but I don't see it.
Then remove the planks of wood from your frelling eyes.
I can't argue with that "logic."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Precisely why I blocked Darth. He thinks a struggling student who overstays on his visa is a criminal or a drug dealer or a rapist similar to the cartels. Please. Might as well just come out and say they have an inferior, crime-ridden culture similar to Muslims if that's what he's trying to push. Because what else would breed such conditions in people?
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:05 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:55 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 pm You can call that xenophobic if you want, but I don't see it.
Then remove the planks of wood from your frelling eyes.
I can't argue with that "logic."
Just as I cant argue with "but I don't see it."
We can come out with whatever quotes and sources we compile, all the scholarly articles and experts, and you just go "well it doesn't look like that to me!" and that's that.
THIS is why I didn't want to wast all the effort of researching shit, because you will scoff it off like that. You always do.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:27 pm If you felt so sorry for them you wouldn't call for their ban and call them evil savages trying to destroy western culture.

The 1.5 billion fucking people on earth have varying civic cultures and practice varying dogmas, just like you Christians have over a dozen denominations and everything from potluck suppers and soup kitchens to KKK rallies and child-molester protection.

When you demonize an entire religion with over a billion adherents, as mentioned, that makes me, somebody else who is not Christian, worried about what kind of public policies you'd vote for and what you intend to do when nobody is watching to heathen fuckwads like me. It's the same kind of worry I feel about the masses of right-wing Christian domestic terrorists sending mail bombs and shooting up Synagogues and attacking teenage girls with hijabs on the subway. It's the same kind of worry I feel when I see right-wing people excuse or just outright deny these things are happening.
Sometimes the only options you have are bad. Did i ever call for blanket countrywide bans?

Why does it worry you so much? It's nothing compared to crazy pre 50s stuff that happened.