Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Re: Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:50 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:05 am
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:55 am
Darth Wedgius wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:20 pm You can call that xenophobic if you want, but I don't see it.
Then remove the planks of wood from your frelling eyes.
I can't argue with that "logic."
Just as I cant argue with "but I don't see it."
We can come out with whatever quotes and sources we compile, all the scholarly articles and experts, and you just go "well it doesn't look like that to me!" and that's that.
THIS is why I didn't want to wast all the effort of researching shit, because you will scoff it off like that. You always do.
So come up with something explicit, not something where I have to look at it just the right way, or assume someone's motivations.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

I dunno, I could see Slash being like someone who might, in the 1930s and 1940s, have argued for a ban on Germans coming here. I'd still disagree - imo, they need help more than ever to escape their problems back home, and we got people like Einstein out of the deal! - but that's positively moderate compared to my right-wing Discord friends.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:50 pm I dunno, I could see Slash being like someone who might, in the 1930s and 1940s, have argued for a ban on Germans coming here. I'd still disagree - imo, they need help more than ever to escape their problems back home, and we got people like Einstein out of the deal! - but that's positively moderate compared to my right-wing Discord friends.
What makes you sure? Back in those days media and the academy was not hijacked by 2016 progressives.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

... and there you go again... maybe you should look up Nixon and what he had termed "the liberal media." His brain-child spawned Fox News. He hated the idea of a free press, and that's what it gave us today. Advocate journalism, which I hate just as much as you do. There's no objectivity anymore. They put their political slant on everything. Or hell, how Reagan abolished the Fairness Doctrine.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:16 pm ... and there you go again... maybe you should look up Nixon and what he had termed "the liberal media." His brain-child spawned Fox News. He hated the idea of a free press, and that's what it gave us today. Advocate journalism, which I hate just as much as you do. There's no objectivity anymore. They put their political slant on everything. Or hell, how Reagan abolished the Fairness Doctrine.
Progressives never had a bigger hegemony over book publishing + movies + tv series + news media + education than they do today. The 70s and the Reagan era are not in the same ballpark.

In what way do i hate the free press?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Slash, I'm not saying you hate free press. Just that... come on. The real power is in the legislature and law enforcement. That's where you get change done. And... why is it your side can't get anything done, and couldn't even though they had total control for like two years? If you're upset that the majority of the country is left wing, maybe that paints you as the minority then? Just saying.
Antiboyscout
Captain

Post by Antiboyscout »

Cassandra wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:54 pm
Right-wing extremism in the United States appears to be growing. The number of terrorist attacks by far-right perpetrators rose over the past decade, doubling between 2016 and 2017. The recent pipe bombs and the October 27, 2018, synagogue attack in Pittsburgh are symptomatic of this trend. U.S. federal and local agencies need to quickly double down to counter this threat. There has also been a rise in far-right attacks in Europe, jumping 43 percent between 2016 and 2017.
Full article: https://www.csis.org/analysis/rise-far- ... ted-states

The Trumpkins have been busy.

Meanwhile, fighting right-wing violence is a low priority for the DHS.
The synagogue Shooter is a Trumpkin? The guy who was a never trumper who thought Trump was a race traitor jew loving sellout, that guy is a Trumpet? Sure... :roll:
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

He was screaming that the Jews were in cahoots with the caravan. Trump was mercilessly pushing "the rapist caravan" narrative for weeks leading up to the election. The thing is... he can be a right-winger without being a Trump supporter. And this guy is just that. He may not have supported Trump, but he believed in many of the positions he espoused. My right-wing friends on Discord are the same. Never voted for him, they claim to hate him, yet they agree with him more often than not.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:58 pm Slash, I'm not saying you hate free press. Just that... come on. The real power is in the legislature and law enforcement. That's where you get change done. And... why is it your side can't get anything done, and couldn't even though they had total control for like two years? If you're upset that the majority of the country is left wing, maybe that paints you as the minority then? Just saying.
The majority is fucking mush.

You think the majority has clear pro social democratic views and they can break it down for you?

I conseider right wingers being forced to spend years in institutions controled by your side very real power, i consider the ability ot shame peopel out of existence a very real power.

We started talking about integration. Integrate immigrants into what in the current media situation?