Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by CharlesPhipps »

cilantro wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:55 am They could also just put Joker in space.

There's other options if Gotham State doesn't have the death penalty.
Like what Superman did to Zod in his original movie? Place the Joker in the Phantom Zone?

Edit:

When I first typed this I was thinking about the Negative Zone and then realized it was the Phantom Zone.
Mind you, that didn't work too well in the Lego Batman movie.

:)
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:45 pm Anyone remember Batman Begins? Da hell how does building a public transportation system help the poor and financially vulnerable in Gotham? That's not how the economy works.
At the risk of pointing out the obvious, the fact people without cars or parking spaces can go to work.

It's not quite as awesome as a free hospital but it's free something.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Did Bruce Wayne even rebuild his father's train?
Wargriffin
Captain

Post by Wargriffin »

cilantro wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:58 pm
CharlesPhipps wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:55 am They could also just put Joker in space.

There's other options if Gotham State doesn't have the death penalty.
Like what Superman did to Zod in his original movie? Place the Joker in the Phantom Zone?

Edit:

When I first typed this I was thinking about the Negative Zone and then realized it was the Phantom Zone.
That would require Bruce to suck up his pride and let someone else fix HIS problem...

Also didn't Sups kill Zod in the movie
"When you rule by fear, your greatest weakness is the one who's no longer afraid."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

If my friend's headcanon is true, he's an unknowing agent of Nyarlathotep, he'll get out eventually.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Here's one of my personal headcanons. Chuck brought up how the energy cloud in "Obsession" hadn't mated before and filled the galaxy with other energy clouds? Well... perhaps it's similar, not just to the Crystalline Entity, but the Horta from Janus VI. Perhaps it has a cycle of rebirth, where every specific date, all die out, but one, and then they respawn from there. And who's to say it has to be 50,000 years like it was for the Horta? My headcanon is this coincided with the death of the Ancient Humanoids, or was perhaps responsible for why they were alone in the galaxy with no other sapient life.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Applejack helps around Ponyville so much because it grew around Sweet Apple Acres, and she feels a sense of proprietorship.

I think all of my other headcanon is about Star Trek, so I had to put in a pony one to avoid being a total nerd. Heaven forfend that should happen...
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Applejack's family are the horse versions of the Beverly Hillbillies, with Applejack in the place of Jed.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

TNG/DS9/Voyager's holograms aren't photonics made of photons. They're fauxtonics made of fauxtons. They've been able to synthesize the basic particles of Discworld's narrativium.

And Trek scientists can use a confusing homophone because why not? Even to our best scientists, what they say sounds like complete gibberish anyway.

Presumably this only applies to English-speaking, uncaptioned Trek, though.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 pm Presumably this only applies to English-speaking, uncaptioned Trek, though.
Possibly also the French dubs? ;)