Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

This is for topical issues effecting our fair world... you can quit snickering anytime. Note: It is the desire of the leadership of SFDebris Conglomerate that all posters maintain a civil and polite bearing in this forum, regardless of how you feel about any particular issue. Violators will be turned over to Captain Janeway for experimentation.
G-Man
Officer

Re: Far-right violent attacks doubled between 2016 and 2017

Post by G-Man »

The right-wing terror surge has been highly exaggerated.

http://thefederalist.com/2018/11/26/was ... ence-isnt/
Even if we were to accept the numbers, The Post decided to bury the lede. According to their own data, there were more fatalities due to domestic Islamist terrorism than to all other types combined over the past three years.
The total number of "right-wing" terror attacks were 36, with 11 fatalities between them.
"You say I'm a dreamer/we're two of a kind/looking for some perfect world/we know we'll never find" - Thompson Twins
Worffan101
Captain

Post by Worffan101 »

Again, care to use a non-biased source? Federalist is as reliable as HuffPo, which is to say, not at all.
Draco Dracul
Captain

Post by Draco Dracul »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Yukaphile wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:16 pm ... and there you go again... maybe you should look up Nixon and what he had termed "the liberal media." His brain-child spawned Fox News. He hated the idea of a free press, and that's what it gave us today. Advocate journalism, which I hate just as much as you do. There's no objectivity anymore. They put their political slant on everything. Or hell, how Reagan abolished the Fairness Doctrine.
Progressives never had a bigger hegemony over book publishing + movies + tv series + news media + education than they do today. The 70s and the Reagan era are not in the same ballpark.

In what way do i hate the free press?
You're right they never did, that's why the right spread the myth of the liberal media so that they could pressure outlets to report in a neutral way rather than in an objective way while also building up their own explicitly right wing media to slant the narrative in there favor.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Draco Dracul wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:46 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:23 pm
Yukaphile wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:16 pm ... and there you go again... maybe you should look up Nixon and what he had termed "the liberal media." His brain-child spawned Fox News. He hated the idea of a free press, and that's what it gave us today. Advocate journalism, which I hate just as much as you do. There's no objectivity anymore. They put their political slant on everything. Or hell, how Reagan abolished the Fairness Doctrine.
Progressives never had a bigger hegemony over book publishing + movies + tv series + news media + education than they do today. The 70s and the Reagan era are not in the same ballpark.

In what way do i hate the free press?
You're right they never did, that's why the right spread the myth of the liberal media so that they could pressure outlets to report in a neutral way rather than in an objective way while also building up their own explicitly right wing media to slant the narrative in there favor.
You think i am right?
Are you false flag posting or you misunderstood something?
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 pm
Fuzzy Necromancer wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:58 pm Well, I certainly did not know about these envelopes, but I note those had castor seeds, not actual refiend ricin. I also note the article has no mention of his political leanings, and given his government career ending and his military official targets, that would seem to suggest more of a personal grudge for the loss of his job than a Leftist agenda.

These far right terrorism attacks, on the other hand, are confirmed far right and measured in statistically significant amounts.

Also gotta say, Antifa taking over an intersection is really more of the "punching people" level of violent action. Putting it next to a public shooting is a bit "Murder, arson, jaywalking".
My understanding is that the pipe bombs may not have been things that would actually explode, either. Like I said, either an attack done incompetently or something designed to scare.

There was, as I noted, the shooting up of a GOP office as well.
Just wanted to chime in despite this being a little while ago but you're understanding is wrong. The devices were described as "crude but functional" https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/suspi ... e-updates/
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

TrueMetis wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:58 pm
Darth Wedgius wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:44 pm
My understanding is that the pipe bombs may not have been things that would actually explode, either. Like I said, either an attack done incompetently or something designed to scare.

There was, as I noted, the shooting up of a GOP office as well.
Just wanted to chime in despite this being a little while ago but you're understanding is wrong. The devices were described as "crude but functional" https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/suspi ... e-updates/
Thank you for the correction. I'd heard differently,but maybe that just shows I should wait and not just go with the first report that I hear.