STD: What's Past is Prologue

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: STD: What's Past is Prologue

Post by Yukaphile »

Oh? What theme song is it?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Yukaphile wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:16 pm Oh? What theme song is it?
Sign of the Times by former boy band member Harry Styles. Personally, I kinda like it, but that's just me.
Mindworm
Officer

Post by Mindworm »

Durandal_1707 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:25 am Seth McFarlane can go straight to hell if this is what he thinks is funny.
Seth McFarlane understands humour the same way I understand quantum mechanics. That's why I avoid his output like the plague.
Soulless minion of orthodoxy.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Here is the full text of the sound bite that Chuck chose:

Just stop your crying
It's a sign of the times
We gotta get away from here
Stop your crying
Baby, it will be alright
They told me that the end is near
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

FaxModem1 wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:31 pm
Sign of the Times by former boy band member Harry Styles. Personally, I kinda like it, but that's just me.
There are definite shades of David Bowie in this song. I approve.
BunBun299
Officer

Post by BunBun299 »

The way Chuck tears into the Spore Drive in this review is what I've been waiting for. Teleporting around the multiverse because of magic mushrooms is stupid I'd expect Voyager and Enterprise to have enough sense to avoid. And they did avoid it. For all the zany schemes Voyager cooked up to get home, they never tried anything as dumb as magic mushrooms.

Everything regarding Lorca I agree with as well. Even if he did deceive them, he's still the devil they know, as opposed to the psychopath Empress who eats sapient life forms. It's not technically cannibalism, as they are a different species. But it's still evil beyond anything we saw Lorca do.

At this point, I think the best way to reconcile this with the rest of Star Trek would be the These Are The Voyages route. Someone we know from the TNG era says, "Computer, End Program." Then walks off the holodeck and calls it bad for being historically inaccurate. Spock never had a sister.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BunBun299 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 am The way Chuck tears into the Spore Drive in this review is what I've been waiting for. Teleporting around the multiverse because of magic mushrooms is stupid I'd expect Voyager and Enterprise to have enough sense to avoid. And they did avoid it. For all the zany schemes Voyager cooked up to get home, they never tried anything as dumb as magic mushrooms.
It looked cool

clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 am
BunBun299 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:37 am The way Chuck tears into the Spore Drive in this review is what I've been waiting for. Teleporting around the multiverse because of magic mushrooms is stupid I'd expect Voyager and Enterprise to have enough sense to avoid. And they did avoid it. For all the zany schemes Voyager cooked up to get home, they never tried anything as dumb as magic mushrooms.
It looked cool

Is that in some way a defence? It looked cool? lol.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

clearspira wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:51 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:57 am
It looked cool

Is that in some way a defence? It looked cool? lol.
If i see Trek as space adventure with some diplomacy thrown in...

Yes.
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

I thought it looked especially silly.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR