My Little Pony: Spring Equinox Show

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
BunBun299
Officer

Re: My Little Pony: Spring Equinox Show

Post by BunBun299 »

aceina wrote:i wonder if he will ever look at the equestria girls films i love sunset shimmer
I didn't care for her in the first movie, but she kinda grew on me in the sequels. Of course, aside from a few good bits, I didn't care for the first movie at all. The sequels were better in general.
aceina
Officer

Post by aceina »

BunBun299 wrote:
aceina wrote:i wonder if he will ever look at the equestria girls films i love sunset shimmer
I didn't care for her in the first movie, but she kinda grew on me in the sequels. Of course, aside from a few good bits, I didn't care for the first movie at all. The sequels were better in general.
indeed sunset is my fave character now did not like her int he first film but love her now
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Just to ask, because this seems the best place to, but does anyone know what song is playing in Chuck's intro for this four-episode review? When he's doing the fake Fritos endorsement and stuff? I can't place it, but I know I've heard it before.
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!
Fixer
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Fixer »

Steve wrote:Just to ask, because this seems the best place to, but does anyone know what song is playing in Chuck's intro for this four-episode review? When he's doing the fake Fritos endorsement and stuff? I can't place it, but I know I've heard it before.
Probably because of Guardians of the galaxy :)

youtu.be/nkr77jE5GFY
Thread ends here. Cut along dotted line.
------8<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Romulan Republic
Captain

Post by The Romulan Republic »

Independent George wrote:Wow, I just realized that the majority of my posts here are now about pony fan fiction.
Heh.

I think that there's something to be said for crossing over lighter, more idealistic series with somewhat darker ones. You have to tread carefully to keep one style from overwhelming the other, but the contrast can be very effective. Contrast, the friction between differing ideals, styles, or personalities, being ultimately at the heart of much of drama, comedy, and art of any kind.

MLP makes a good foil for a lot of darker settings, I suspect.

Edit: By the way, I suspect that, beyond them being both pop-culture icons set in space, this is a big part of why Star Trek vs. Star Wars is such a classic crossover- the clash, both stylistically and ideologically, between the peaceful and idealistic Federation and the totalitarian Empire. They are natural foils for one another.
Steve
Doctor's Assistant

Post by Steve »

Fixer wrote:
Steve wrote:Just to ask, because this seems the best place to, but does anyone know what song is playing in Chuck's intro for this four-episode review? When he's doing the fake Fritos endorsement and stuff? I can't place it, but I know I've heard it before.
Probably because of Guardians of the galaxy :)

youtu.be/nkr77jE5GFY
Dammit! How did I miss that?
"No folly is more costly than the folly of intolerant idealism." - Sir Winston L. S. Churchill, Princips Britannia

Administrator of SFD, Former Spacebattles Super-Mod, Veteran Chatnik. And multiverse crossover-loving writer, of course!