Godzilla Raids Again

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Rodan56
Officer

Re: Godzilla Raids Again

Post by Rodan56 »

Madner Kami wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:33 pm
AllanO wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:59 pmAlso no reference to/lame joke about Kobayashi/Kobayashi Maru (Star Trek) (I realize Kobayashi is probably a very common Japanese name such that in general jokes would be a stretch but still)? To obvious (I sometimes think Chuck intentionally avoids the most obvious jokes)?
Among the ten most used surnames in Japan.
Also, he didn't avoid it. Briefly during one scene he says "The ship is drifting into the neutral zone." So... yeah.
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

Raids Again is a very flawed movie and one of the few I would actually want to see remade as there is a very good and still fairly unique premise at its core (ironically Godzilla's second second appearance is one of the other movies I would like to see remade).

Chuck don't worry about how to pronounce Anguirus. I'm pretty sure I don't pronounce it correctly and no one has ever made a stink about it or even commented on it and I go to G-Fest so if I can get away with it you're fine.
AllanO
Officer

Post by AllanO »

Rodan56 wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:51 pmAlso, he didn't avoid it. Briefly during one scene he says "The ship is drifting into the neutral zone." So... yeah.
Oh yeah clearly too subtle for my need for obvious references...
Yours Truly,
Allan Olley

"It is with philosophy as with religion : men marvel at the absurdity of other people's tenets, while exactly parallel absurdities remain in their own." John Stuart Mill
K.E. Schwartze
Redshirt

Post by K.E. Schwartze »

He already did the "no win" joke for Gojira (since there were so many "marus" being thrown around when all the fishing boats went missing). Probably didn't want to repeat himself.