Your Headcanons?

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Re: Your Headcanons?

Post by CharlesPhipps »

* Chewbacca was a general of Kashkyyk and legendary war hero of the Clone Wars who achieved countless victories that rivaled Mace Windu and Yoda.

* Chewbacca never ate anyone but the Empire assumed he would.

* Han Solo is, on alien worlds, widely treated as Chewbacca's sidekick. Sometimes even as his bumbling ethnic comic relief.

* Chewbacca has ripped the arms off people before, particularly slavers.

* Non-human depictions of the original trilogy generally make Chewbacca the star, pointing out he found Obi-Wan Kenobi, persuaded Han to turn back, and also devised the plan that rescued Han.

* Chewbacca turned down a medal out of humility and a promotion above Colonel. This was because he was already doing the majority of the planning work for the Endor forest assault and hated the paperwork involved in being a brass officier (which Han would curse him for not warning him about for years after).

* There's actually a good question whether Han is the captain of the Falcon and Chewbacca regularly introduces himself as the Captain with Han as the pilot. Han is aware of this and doesn't care as Chewie is the only person in the world that he would gladly claim is co-owner of his baby.

* Han left the Falcon to Chewie in his will.

* Rey actually is paid a living wage by Chewie as pilot for the Falcon.

* Chewbacca gave Luke a royal chewing out about how he let his friends and family down. This contributed to Luke's funk rather than woke him out of it.

* Chewbacca and Han's only serious fight was when the former argued that Ben was seriously disturbed if not an outright psychopath and needed to be institutionalized rather than trained as a Jedi.

* He totally ate those Porgs.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, if it means anything, Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader implies he could be a great general...
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

A crazy death stick inspired one.

* Jacen Solo saw the rise of the Sith again and went back in time with flow walking to change the past to be a better timeline. Sadly, everyone was reincarnated as they were with Kylo Ren being Jacen and Rey as Jaina (why she's so powerful).

* Luke actually remembers the original timeline and blames himself.

* While devastating, the Yuuzhan Vong were at least defeated by the First Order in this world with Kylo Ren's help.
FaxModem1
Captain

Post by FaxModem1 »

Well, there is a meme that Han is Chewie's Rescue human and that he introduced Obi Wan to make sure Obi Wan passed the sniff test.

Zombieland

I love Zombieland, but I always thought of it as the origin story of a warband of Raiders. They go from place to place, taking supplies, killing others without it really affecting them, and as shown in this scene, destroying places for fun.

The group includes two con artists, a rather violence prone man who doesn't get his way, and a follower. Over the course of the film, they destroy every place they go to and make things worse. Consider how they shrug off killing one of the last people on Earth, how they destroy a local gift shop with reckless abandon, and use up materials and supplies wherever they find them. In ten years time, they'll be the equivalent of Raiders from Fallout, gleefully attacking others for supplies and not caring about the casualties they inflict on others.

It'll be up to someone like the Vault Dweller or Mad Max to put a stop to them just to survive.
phantom000
Captain

Post by phantom000 »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:37 am A crazy death stick inspired one.

* Jacen Solo saw the rise of the Sith again and went back in time with flow walking to change the past to be a better timeline. Sadly, everyone was reincarnated as they were with Kylo Ren being Jacen and Rey as Jaina (why she's so powerful).

* Luke actually remembers the original timeline and blames himself.

* While devastating, the Yuuzhan Vong were at least defeated by the First Order in this world with Kylo Ren's help.
If you want to talk about what happened to the 'legends' cannon, here is a thought...

In the future, perhaps hundreds of years after Endor, the galaxy is ruled by a new regime that has taken a classic Orwellian approach to galactic history. Events and historical figures are altered to reflect the views of the ruling class or outright deleted. Some of the people like Jason and Jaina Solo were recreated as Kylo Ren and Rey but many others like Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn have become unpersons, all records of their existence erased.

Legends is what actually happened while the Disney films are the official state sanctioned version of history.
CharlesPhipps
Captain

Post by CharlesPhipps »

Eh, I spent 15 years on Legends and solidly claim New Trilogy over it.

The Yuuzhan Vong wrecked the galaxy and Han and Leia and Luke had a worse time in Legends than New Canon for all TLJ's flaws.
MissKittyFantastico
Officer

Post by MissKittyFantastico »

This is another silly one along the lines of the Borg Bear Trap Theory, but it's in my head so it's not going away, you all may as well suffer too...

So I was thinking about 'Cause and Effect', specifically where the ship asplode repeatedly. They order everyone to emergency escape pods, and Picard's in the middle of repeating the abandon ship order when it goes up - it seems kind of like a 'lost with all hands' scenario, but I got to thinking, what if it wasn't? So what I've got stuck in my head now is there's this one guy, maybe a spiritual relation of the "I just wanted to be a botanist" guy from First Contact, he signed on board the D back in season one when it was all about the wonder of the galaxy and combat was a 'minor province' of Starfleet (despite the Cardassian War allegedly raging at the time). Let's call him Dave. Dave's a microbiologist of a somewhat nervous disposition, he thought he'd be spending his career pointing a tricorder at various types of unassuming lichen, and the last few years have not been kind to him. He's stopped looking out the window of his quarters, because there's always a warbird or a cloaked planet or the Edo god floating out there, there's always Klingon renegades or engineered supersoldiers or energy beings racing around the corridors, and the cutting beam the Borg used to slice out that chunk of saucer went right through the middle of his workstation just after he'd got up to get a drink from the replicator.

So Dave's career goals have shifted from discovering strange new microbial life forms to surviving the next 24 hours whatever it takes, he always knows exactly where the nearest escape pod is at all times, so when the order comes he's in the pod with his hand over the launch button, and when Picard says abandon ship he's rocketing out of there without waiting for it to be repeated. And (just inventing stuff now) let's say the temporal effect that resets the Enterprise and the Bozeman extends forward from the time hole, but doesn't propagate perpendicular to its direction of travel - so when everything resets, Dave's pod is already out of the area of effect, so it still exists. Except so does Dave in the past, so a short while later another Enterprise rocks up, gets hit in the nacelle, ejects Dave, and explodes.

So shortly after the episode finally ends, the D picks up the distress beacons, and rescues like thirty Daves. They end up emigrating to that colony where everyone's a clone, just because that's the only place nobody thinks they're weird.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

MissKittyFantastico wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:08 am This is another silly one along the lines of the Borg Bear Trap Theory, but it's in my head so it's not going away, you all may as well suffer too...

So shortly after the episode finally ends, the D picks up the distress beacons, and rescues like thirty Daves. They end up emigrating to that colony where everyone's a clone, just because that's the only place nobody thinks they're weird.
And when asked if anybody else from a past Enterprise D survived, he's sorrowfully told, "Everybody's dead, Dave?"

...I'll see myself out.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:11 am
MissKittyFantastico wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:08 am This is another silly one along the lines of the Borg Bear Trap Theory, but it's in my head so it's not going away, you all may as well suffer too...

And when asked if anybody else from a past Enterprise D survived, he's sorrowfully told, "Everybody's dead, Dave?"

...I'll see myself out.
:lol:

Got a genuine laugh-flash from that. Thank you, I needed that.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:37 am Eh, I spent 15 years on Legends and solidly claim New Trilogy over it.

The Yuuzhan Vong wrecked the galaxy and Han and Leia and Luke had a worse time in Legends than New Canon for all TLJ's flaws.
Luke saved the galaxy from the Vong instead of becoming a sad sack pessimist trying to kill Han's son while he was asleep.

Han was awesome and got over the death of Chewie instead of being a failed father.

i would have reread the thing to get what Leia's arc was. i bet she was better than what she was in the last trilogy. heck what i remember her doing in the Invasion comic is better than what she does in TLJ.