Divided We Fall (Justice league)

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
DrReiCow
Redshirt

Re: Divided We Fall (Justice league)

Post by DrReiCow »

From which episode was the footage of Bruce Wayne clutching the watch and crying at the end?

Moo
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

CharlesPhipps wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:03 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 amGood assertion, though I was thinking that I can't find Martian Manhunter lord that believable.
I liked the episode said that Superman and Lord Superman are fundamentally different people.
Me too. Lord Superman started off killing Luthor because he had to, but eventually he was itching to kill
League-verse Luthor. League Superman told Flash he's felt those temptations, but he hasn't fallen to them.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

DrReiCow wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:59 pm From which episode was the footage of Bruce Wayne clutching the watch and crying at the end?

Moo
Mask of the Phantasm
..What mirror universe?
CareerKnight
Officer

Post by CareerKnight »

Great review, Chuck. This was definitely my favorite season/finale of JL/JLU. Hopefully at some point we will get Starcrossed too.
Independent George wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:15 amAlso, I think the required secondary superpowers that allow Flash to survive delivering those punches basically means he's about the toughest being alive.
Pretty sure Because Science did an episode on that.
professor_iago wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:39 am Only Flash seemed unfazed by the taunts of his doppelganger, for he didn't have a Justice Lord counterpart.
Batman wasn't fazed either, didn't even give his copy a chance to speak cause he had already been through that and won (he was the only one who was able to talk his Lord counterpart down in the end).
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:35 am Flash is definitely all heart. That's probably why they chose him to be the subject of demise in the elseworlds episode arc.
Pretty sure the creators said the main reason he was picked was because they just couldn't picture him as a fascist.
TrueMetis wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:09 am All the options you could have picked to show Flash's humanity, and you didn't pick,

youtu.be/Xl91v2Mvv94
Personally I always liked the scene that followed it a lot with Orion and Batman commenting on Flash and the subtle acknowledgement of how much Batman respects Flash.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

CareerKnight wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 6:28 am Pretty sure the creators said the main reason he was picked was because they just couldn't picture him as a fascist.
Myself, I have a hard time imagining Martian Manhunter as that as well.
..What mirror universe?
Nealithi
Captain

Post by Nealithi »

Darth Wedgius wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 6:26 am Flash and Substance was a good episode for showing Wally West's humanity. I don't see JL/JLU on the list for putting into the SFDebris queue, so I hope it's there already.
Flash and Substance not only showed Flash as a good guy and human being. His day job is as a CSI lab technician. Shows Batman's respect for him, both by going to the museum opening and by his cool appraisal of Orion not understanding Flash for his being that nice. And notice that three of Flash's Rogues had Orion and Batman on the ropes. Batman's intellect was not directly handling them. It was directing Flash back into the fight so he could deal with them. And he did, while carrying the girl.

Yeah Flash and Substance is one of my favourites.

What I missed from this review was no comment on Waller called in a nuke on Brainithor and was willing to stand at ground zero for it on the chance it was not needed. There is a reason she is a force to be reckoned with.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I generally admired Waller, she was a strong character who you might not like was capable and able to do what she saw as right and for the greater good as she saw it. All while being a short, overweight, middle aged, black woman, which was a progressive representation in comics and animation (and not called particular attention to - these are just facts about the character). She's getting things done, advising the President, and managing yahoos and the criminally insane in addition to just regular lay people. She is not there for comedy, she is not there to be a super villain, she is a person in power trying to do as best as she sees fit to solve the problems presented.

Shame they couldn't stick with her as presented in the DCAU and contemporary comics when it came time for Suicide Squad.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Robovski wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:41 am I generally admired Waller, she was a strong character who you might not like was capable and able to do what she saw as right and for the greater good as she saw it. All while being a short, overweight, middle aged, black woman, which was a progressive representation in comics and animation (and not called particular attention to - these are just facts about the character). She's getting things done, advising the President, and managing yahoos and the criminally insane in addition to just regular lay people. She is not there for comedy, she is not there to be a super villain, she is a person in power trying to do as best as she sees fit to solve the problems presented.

Shame they couldn't stick with her as presented in the DCAU and contemporary comics when it came time for Suicide Squad.
Yep. New 52 got some flack for thinning her down. Though in the DCUAOM version of Suicide Squad they did bring it up.

She's pretty interesting. In the DCAU they had to mild sauce her a bit probably because she'd be too grey for kids to understand. Though funny enough the more mature depictions of her practically don't leave much room for grey area.
Nealithi wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:28 pmWhat I missed from this review was no comment on Waller called in a nuke on Brainithor and was willing to stand at ground zero for it on the chance it was not needed. There is a reason she is a force to be reckoned with.
If I'm following you correctly, didn't Luthor fire the nuke without her knowing about it?
..What mirror universe?
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

I preferred the JL Waller to Suicide Squad's for that grayness. JL's Waller is usually very willing to kill innocent people if she thinks the reasons are good enough, and considers the existence of a rival power to be reason enough even if it isn't hostile, but she'll drop a nuke on her own head just as readily. In Suicide Squad, everyone is expendable except her, which puts her douchiness at another level.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Darth Wedgius wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:44 pm I preferred the JL Waller to Suicide Squad's for that grayness. JL's Waller is usually very willing to kill innocent people if she thinks the reasons are good enough, and considers the existence of a rival power to be reason enough even if it isn't hostile, but she'll drop a nuke on her own head just as readily. In Suicide Squad, everyone is expendable except her, which puts her douchiness at another level.
In Assault on Arkham she wasn't so trigger happy. When I said she was interesting, it was mainly that she and her operation fit as a singular role in the rogues gallery with motives. Really dark grey, but lighter than Dr. Freeze technically because her intent is to serve the public and not her own self.

But it is interesting that DCAU gives her those touches to make her save the world. Just makes her a completely different character.
..What mirror universe?