What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Web Sudoku.

edit: found it.

For the life of me I can't figure out where to go from here. These level puzzles usually take me 20-30 minutes, but I've done monotonous sweeping of the rows, columns, and boxes, finding no hidden doubles, tripples, or x-wings.
Attachments
sud.png
..What mirror universe? ;/
SabreMau
Officer

Post by SabreMau »

Usually at that point, I pick one pair of squares that have the same two possible numbers in them, declare one to be the first and the other to be the second, then work from there to see if the puzzle sorts itself out from that. If it doesn't, backtrack and try them the other way around. Spoiler for the guess I made that unraveled the rest of it.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

I was kinda kicking myself when I found it. That's pretty much how it always goes when I get trapped for 20+ minutes.

In the middle box, you have three squares with 28, 89, and 289. Therefor no other square in the box can have those numbers. At that point you can cancel the 2 and 8 from the upper left square in that box. Took me but a moment to realize that that allowed me to isolate the last 2 that's in the row of the upper left square of that center box that I eliminated the 2 and 8 from. It worked itself out rather steadily from there.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

SabreMau wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:02 am Usually at that point, I pick one pair of squares that have the same two possible numbers in them, declare one to be the first and the other to be the second, then work from there to see if the puzzle sorts itself out from that. If it doesn't, backtrack and try them the other way around. Spoiler for the guess I made that unraveled the rest of it.
I have read about that, but have never actually tried it. While it sounds very tactical it also sounds cumbersome for memory. Good job making it work though.
ChiggyvonRichthofen
Captain

Post by ChiggyvonRichthofen »

Gave a couple games a short spin for the first time- Kerbal Space Program and Return of the Obra Dinn. Both look as if they're going to be awesome, and difficult, in their own way.
The owls are not what they seem.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Well I defeated Joker in Arkham Origins on New Game + finally.

Though I have all the other assassins to hunt down, I will say that I actually felt something while playing this game a second time. Playing City and Knight on NG+ just felt like run throughs to 100% the game, but I did enjoy those the first time around along with the rerun that NG+ provides. I think the meat of this story is alright in Origins. I didn't notice it before, but they did try to give a little bit of this and that for Batman's directive. Controlling a prison breakout, solving a murder, hitting an A-list villain here for info or a B-list villain there when you're trying to solve the prior mentioned murder, then being introduced to the Joker and getting a good old intimacy plot (which involves Bane :)). It does all come together in the narrative a little more wholesome than City.

Though yeah I can't wait to be done with it and revisit the older titles. I got City and Asylum in the Christmas Steam Sale for $5 each, so now I have all 4 games owned w/out a subscription game streaming service. With as much practice as I've had, I should be able to 100% them in no time.
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

ChiggyvonRichthofen wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:40 am Gave a couple games a short spin for the first time- Kerbal Space Program and Return of the Obra Dinn. Both look as if they're going to be awesome, and difficult, in their own way.
Kerbal's good fun, although frustrating at times, particularly when there's no easy way of testing things before launch (I still need to build myself a decent rover for picking up and manoeuvring base components, and I wish there was a robotic arm - there probably is with mods).
PointlessKnowledge
Redshirt

Post by PointlessKnowledge »

I'm currently playing through Valkyria Chronicles 4. I'm enjoying it so far. It is very similar to the original, which is both good and bad.

At least it is nothing like 2.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Torchlight 2 now..

I assembled a new computer yesterday (my old eyes barely up to it this time around, but the old Sandy Bridge machine was on its very last legs), and I'm trying to stick with Linux as long as I can. Steam helps!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Halo: Combat Evolved.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords