What video games are you playing?

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
LittleRaven
Captain

Re: What video games are you playing?

Post by LittleRaven »

Picked up AC: Odyssey and am enjoying it so far.

Kassandra kicks ass.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Finally got around to buying and installing the new DLCs for Stellaris which I did not own yet (Apocalypse and Megacorp). The game still rocks hard, though I still lack the time to play it extensively.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Riedquat
Captain

Post by Riedquat »

Madner Kami wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:04 am Finally got around to buying and installing the new DLCs for Stellaris which I did not own yet (Apocalypse and Megacorp). The game still rocks hard, though I still lack the time to play it extensively.
I've only played very briefly since the planet system was changed. Does it work well? I've not had time to get my head around it yet. Megacorp doesn't particularly appeal to me but I'll probably end up buying it sometime, if nothing else the new music is usually worth getting.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Riedquat wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:16 pmI've only played very briefly since the planet system was changed. Does it work well? I've not had time to get my head around it yet. Megacorp doesn't particularly appeal to me but I'll probably end up buying it sometime, if nothing else the new music is usually worth getting.
Oh dear, the music, so lovely. Easily one of the best game scores ever done. Synthetic Dawn still being my favourite tune. Anyways, yeah, I am having troubles wrapping my head around the new mechanics as well, but I think they give you a more flexible control and are worth it. Visually, it doesn't feel as well integrated as the old system, but you get used to it.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

In honour of the game's 30th anniversary, played a few scenarios from SimCity Classic. Dullsville - not as boring as it sounds.
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
CmdrKing
Captain

Post by CmdrKing »

Kingdom Hearts III- Roughly halfway through the worlds now, so probably a third of the way into the game or so.

Honestly I want to cry frequently. I'm a goddamned sap.

SO far the most impressive bit is the game's focus. Often times the crossover elements of the series exist just to be cool, and that's still true, it is indeed inherently cool to fight your way through Monsters, Inc as a cat-lizard boy to get Boo safely home, they've really gone out of their way so far to hook each world's plot into some aspect of the broader narrative and give the visiting original villain a concrete reason to be there. Why am I even in Monstropolis? Well one of the villains weaponizes negative emotions, he's there to power up!
Obviously they can pull this off in part because the series plot is so huge and unwieldy in the first place, but only in part. And even beyond that, they're about 50/50 on plot rehash and post-plot expansions so far, and both are probably the best executed in the series. It's starting to feel like the 6 or so years since the last full release were ACTUALLY spent communicating with Disney and writing these things to have actual emotional weight, it's bizarre.

Gameplay is chaotic barely-controlled nonsense, but that's perfect because the control I do have does indeed mean victory and defeat vary based on what I'm doing while still being insane spectacle as is proper.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Ghost 1.0

Nifty little metroidvania with limited backtracking. Not the most expansive title I've known, but tight fun, with themes of machine-sapience, questioning your humanity and sense of self.
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

So I'm going through all the challenge maps in Arkham Origins, like a happy bat does... Then one of the challenge medals requires me to use the Sonic Shock Batarang to dispose of an enemy. Okay, no problem, but... How do you get this thing to detonate, the guard just stomps it out and I have no prompt to detonate it!? *Google*..*Youtube*.. What the he..?? It doesn't let me do that.

Oh I gotta get Level 10 in the Dark Knight leveling system that I never paid attention to when I completed the game in regular and New Game +. Well how the hell am I supposed to do that now that there's no predator maps in the main world enviornment anymore? OH I gotta play through I Am The Knight where you can't die without starting over and have to arrive at all the predator maps naturally. Fuark.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Alright, finally got level 10 on the Dark Knight leveling system. Got all the way to the Joker reveal in I am the Night mode and got blasted while swinging from vantage points by all the henchmen at once. Started over and got past that and all the way past the first Bane encounter (which is probably the most frustrating encounter in the game), and finished my reencounter at the GCPD.

This evening I decided to give Deadshot a visit at the Gotham Merchants Bank to finally get level 10. Only way to beat down Deadshot without "being noticed" is the ledge takedown and the silent-to-knockdown smash takedown. Otherwise you have to detonate an incidental mine with the disruptor or hope he makes his way to the explosive gel wall (which there was only one left from the get go).

Funny thing is, at one point I tried to lewer a thug with the sonic batarang while Deadshot had the hostage, not knowing that Deadshot gets annoyed by that and kills the hostage making you lose the mission, and also not knowing that I didn't have to start the whole game over. I sulked for a few hours until I decided to start over but noticed that I indeed got to start over at the Merchants Bank where I left off considering I didn't die. Took probably like 20-30 restarts at that point until I nailed the process down to complete it.
..What mirror universe?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

And I am playing... StarCraft! The first one. I been meaning to buy all the newest games, but I haven't had the time.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords