TOS: The Enemy Within

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: TOS: The Enemy Within

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, I'm still curious what Chuck will have to say on Rand's treatment, given Whitney's real life abuse, most likely by Roddenberry himself. It promises to be one hell of a show.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Yukaphile wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 am Well, I'm still curious what Chuck will have to say on Rand's treatment, given Whitney's real life abuse, most likely by Roddenberry himself. It promises to be one hell of a show.
Well to take an interest I will look forward to it as well.
..What mirror universe? ;/
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

As I said, I bought some popcorn. Microwaved popcorn.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:10 am As I said, I bought some popcorn. Microwaved popcorn.
A home popcorn method that I tried out and found very rich was getting a bag of slightly buttered popcorn (where you can of just notice it as if mixes with mouth waters), putting slices of butter from grass fed cows in different parts of the volume of the bowl, and microwaving. Salt to taste.
bronnt
Officer

Post by bronnt »

SabreMau wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 amGetting a lot of threads where it's time to just preemptively chat about episodes when there's not even any review yet to discuss.
I've been trying to avoid these threads since it's the same one or two culprits making them, and they seem to be attention mongering. I only now peeked at this one since I wondered if there was a TOS review I'd missed.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

bronnt wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:05 am
SabreMau wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:58 amGetting a lot of threads where it's time to just preemptively chat about episodes when there's not even any review yet to discuss.
I've been trying to avoid these threads since it's the same one or two culprits making them, and they seem to be attention mongering. I only now peeked at this one since I wondered if there was a TOS review I'd missed.
Well I don't make it 'til you order it.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Well, I saw someone else doing it and thought it was okay...
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Yukaphile wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:12 am Well, I saw someone else doing it and thought it was okay...
And if people were jumping off bridges would you think it was okay to jump off bridges?
Admiral X
Captain

Post by Admiral X »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:36 am The misogyny in "The Enemy Within" is atrocious and deserves to be called out. It's not about social justice, it's about what's right and wrong. Admiral X, how are you blind to the times he's called out Trek's misogyny before? And I'm not the first one to create a thread for the video in advance. I've seen others do it.
I've noticed, but you seem to be on a whole different level.
"Black care rarely sits behind a rider whose pace is fast enough."
-TR
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

@BridgeConsoleMasher No, but is it against the rules? Okay, last time I do this then.