DIS: “Will You Take My Hand?”

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: DIS: “Will You Take My Hand?”

Post by Yukaphile »

I'm someone who believes in social justice, and I still hate STD.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm Tbh, I hope they don't learn. I want STD to be canceled so they can stop raping the franchise I love for money. The people who own Star Trek now are... freaking Ferengi. God help us.

Wait, are Berman and Braga working on this? :shock:

What were Chuck's overall thoughts on STD? Where would he rank it, against TNG, TOS, the movies, DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise?
Certainly above VOYAGER for me. That show was just dull as dishwater. ENTERPRISE first two seasons were just as bad as VOY, but the third was a needed shot in the arm that DISCOVERY’s first season didn’t come close to.
Mikejjj
Redshirt

Post by Mikejjj »

Real quick. It makes perfect sense for Netflix and merch makers to mad about Disco not really sticking to the canon look simply because the old canon stuff is what moves the most merch. Star Trek 2009 was a popular film it sales were overshadowed by sales of merch based old star trek stuff. So yeah as a business person I would the show to look like the old show so it will sell better.

60 Million sounds good but, then it cost 8-8.5 million per episode 120 Mill min. God I hope they don't spend that muc per episode next season. https://variety.com/2017/tv/features/st ... 202540540/
Mikejjj
Redshirt

Post by Mikejjj »

you know what Disco can go die in a fire. 12 Minutes of teasing Spock, some character goes I was expecting to see him. I Turned it off after this line "Sometimes its wise to keep our expectations low commander, that way we're never disappointed". that is word for word the line in this show it is super easy to see that as line spoken to me the audience. at that point, you don't deserve my time. If you are going to tell me to expect less from you. Why am I wasting my time with you, when I could be doing ANYTHING ELSE. why would you use those exact words here?
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Mikejjj wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:41 am you know what Disco can go die in a fire. 12 Minutes of teasing Spock, some character goes I was expecting to see him. I Turned it off after this line "Sometimes its wise to keep our expectations low commander, that way we're never disappointed". that is word for word the line in this show it is super easy to see that as line spoken to me the audience. at that point, you don't deserve my time. If you are going to tell me to expect less from you. Why am I wasting my time with you, when I could be doing ANYTHING ELSE. why would you use those exact words here?
Very true, mate. Let us pray that STD makes it no further than than season 2.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

What if it actually improves? What then?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

clearspira wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 am
Mikejjj wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:41 am you know what Disco can go die in a fire. 12 Minutes of teasing Spock, some character goes I was expecting to see him. I Turned it off after this line "Sometimes its wise to keep our expectations low commander, that way we're never disappointed". that is word for word the line in this show it is super easy to see that as line spoken to me the audience. at that point, you don't deserve my time. If you are going to tell me to expect less from you. Why am I wasting my time with you, when I could be doing ANYTHING ELSE. why would you use those exact words here?
You don't have to watch it, i am sure it will be easy to ignore.
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Asvarduil wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:31 pm
That being said, I feel like of all the characters, it's Tilly that's the saving grace of the show. I find her character really, really likable - she starts off being a total spaz, but unlike Burnham, she has a damn good character arc. She grows as a person in terms of demeanor, capability, and self-esteem. She may or may not be on the Autism spectrum, but that's what makes her character still better, and what Burnham should've been - she overcomes her nature and challenges to be a better person. What's more, she can scare the shit out of the former Terran Emperor, while not being at all as ax-crazy as her counterpart. I feel like she's a Crouching Spaz, Hidden Badass.

Michael is more clearly on the Autistic spectrum than Tilly is.

Tilly seems more like ADD / ADHD.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:36 am
Ignore that my favourite franchise is rotting. Yeah, that'll work.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

clearspira wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:42 pm
Slash Gallagher wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:36 am
Ignore that my favourite franchise is rotting. Yeah, that'll work.
Galaxy is coming. What do you mean rotting?