DIS: “Will You Take My Hand?”

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: DIS: “Will You Take My Hand?”

Post by Yukaphile »

Hopefully they're more successful than the Nuremburg trials, considering many Nazis went free and those in charge didn't give a shit about the crimes their soldiers were committing en masse against millions of helpless people.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Actarus
Officer

Post by Actarus »

Yukaphile wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 am Classy, insulting the dude in Klingon. I'd also call him a schutta too. :P
And I call you an "enfant de chienne".
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Dafuk is that?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Actarus
Officer

Post by Actarus »

Mindworm wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:44 pm
Actarus wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:34 am Yes, but that was not their first intention to release her on Qo'nos, as far as I remember. Besides, if she ever returns to the Federation, she is still Philippa Georgiou, once a respected Starfleet officer. As long as she respects the law, she doesn't have to worry about being arrested.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Federation has something like the Nuremberg laws (not the Nazi ones, the crimes against humanity ones) and universal jurisdiction for major crimes on its books.

If so she can be put down for a long time, provided that Discovery was actually recording anything during its excursion in the Mirror Universe.
Yes, it is a possibility. But then everyone would know there is a Mirror Universe. And Starfleet or UFP does not want that.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Actarus wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:56 pm
Yukaphile wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:04 am Classy, insulting the dude in Klingon. I'd also call him a schutta too. :P
And I call you an "enfant de chienne".
Child of Dog or Child of Chinese person.
..What mirror universe?
Zoinksberg
Officer

Post by Zoinksberg »

Perhaps "Male Child of Female Dog" will make that one make more sense? ;)
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Yukaphile wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:36 pm Tbh, I hope they don't learn. I want STD to be canceled so they can stop raping the franchise I love for money.
First of all, making money has ALWAYS been the point. Of any show. You might have a creative team on it for the art, but the buisness backend is always about the profit, that's why they fund the show. Sometimes when the art is good the money follows and everyone is happy... sometimes not.

The problem is, the lesson they take away is not "this show was bad so the audience didn't like it, lets make a better show", the lesson they lean is "Star Trek doesn't work anymore, lets not make any more Star Trek."

See also what happened with the reboot movies. The third movie flopped... even though it was half decent! based almost entirely on how bad the previous one had been. As a result? No more Star Trek movies for who knows how long.

I hated the first two reboot movies, and I hated Discovery... but I don't want it cancelled just to cancel it... I want it to fix its problems, and become a good show, and prove there's a place for Trek again. We haven't had any Trek shows in thirteen years, and hadn't had any GOOD Trek shows twenty.

Same with the movies, reboots aside, the last TNG movie was 18 years ago, and the last half decent one was 22 years ago.

But you take something like Enterprise. It definitely wasn't good, but it wasn't awful most of the time... had a lousy first three seasons... and then in its final season it switched creatives and got good! But by that point the damage had been done and it was too late to save.

The franchise failing just means we don't get more of the franchise.

If its bad and you don't personally like it, you don't need to watch it. But if it has any success, then they throw stuff against the wall and eventually something might actually stick and be good. But if they're making nothing, then we're getting nothing.
Makeshift Python
Captain

Post by Makeshift Python »

Robby gets it.

Just imagine if the haters in the 80s got their way and TNG was cancelled after one season. We wouldn’t look back at that show so fondly. It would be the black sheep of the whole franchise. Instead it got a chance to find its footing and by the third season it was firing on all cylinders, which eventually lead to DS9 and on.
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

Makeshift Python wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:20 am Robby gets it.

Just imagine if the haters in the 80s got their way and TNG was cancelled after one season. We wouldn’t look back at that show so fondly. It would be the black sheep of the whole franchise. Instead it got a chance to find its footing and by the third season it was firing on all cylinders, which eventually lead to DS9 and on.
I don't care either way, but you can make the argument that Galaxy is coming.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Star Trek First Contact was half-decent?
..What mirror universe?