Nazis and the Nature of Evil

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
Yukaphile
Overlord

Nazis and the Nature of Evil

Post by Yukaphile »

Wait, how did we get to this discussion? :?:
Last edited by Yukaphile on Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by Yukaphile »

Can we get back on topic?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Post by Dragon Ball Fan »

what I was saying was on topic because it was counter to what Chuck said in his review of "Lethe". call it childish if you want but I really cannot see how anyone with even the tiniest bit of good in them can do those horrible things, my sense of empathy is so strong, it is literally impossible for me to purposefully cause serious harm to anyone else, I'm like a reverse sociopath, if such a thing exists. I'm incapable of NOT expressing empathy to every other living thing unless, like Hitler, they prove they do not deserve it.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

He was far from the only monster then. I'd argue the men and women who served under him and Stalin were far worse.
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck. And here we are, talking about who was worse, Hitler or Stalin. This thread is officially dead and one of the dumbest I've seen in a while. I should not have participated and instead just reported the first dumb post I found as off-topic for the moderation-team to take care of and I hereby respectfully ask the moderation-team to close this train-wreck down or remove anything that is not relating to the thread-title, including my own posts.

And I am not going to point fingers here, and simply ask, to remove every single post in this thread since post #35557. Thank you.
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Yeah, I can agree with that. I'll second it.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

I didn't expect it to get out of hand either, just wanted to counter Chuck's point some more, I'd get back on topic but I'd have to look over what Chuck said in reviews some more.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:18 am Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck. And here we are, talking about who was worse, Hitler or Stalin. This thread is officially dead and one of the dumbest I've seen in a while. I should not have participated and instead just reported the first dumb post I found as off-topic for the moderation-team to take care of and I hereby respectfully ask the moderation-team to close this train-wreck down or remove anything that is not relating to the thread-title, including my own posts.

And I am not going to point fingers here, and simply ask, to remove every single post in this thread since post #35557. Thank you.

I have to agree, the thread has been badly Godwined and amputation is probably the best cure.
Dragon Ball Fan
Captain

Re: Nazis and the Nature of Evil

I feel I never really made it clear enough. my sense of empathy is so strong, part of me still regrets killing a fly 20 years ago and everyone I know seems to be the same way and that is why I cannot imagine notorious individuals from history being anything other then psychopaths.
J!!
Captain

Re: Nazis and the Nature of Evil

Post by J!! »

That says more about the limitations of your imagination than it does about anything else.