Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Re: Areas where you'd respectfully disagree with Chuck

Post by Yukaphile »

No, seriously. He thinks she's a tyrant? I think she's just bipolar and slipped through the cracks at Starfleet Command - most likely because of her father, and so the admirals are just looking the other way. It would explain how she rose to the rank of admiral despite all she's done.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Madner Kami
Captain

Post by Madner Kami »

What cracks? There are canyons. Remember that people like Troi, Ezri and the people who hand-waved Ezri's lack of experience and education at the whim of the Sisko, are responsible for the psych-evaluation of the personell?
"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?
- xoxSAUERKRAUTxox
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Indeed. I also disagree that Troi is useless. At least in one episode, it's shown her empathic sense helps her be a better counselor - without that, she's lost. She helped this one grieving widow slowly move on from the loss of her husband. So Troi is an average counselor, imo. Not the best. But not the worst - except when she's written that way.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:56 am Can we either stop this thread or get it back on track?

Here's an area I disagree with Chuck. I think Janeway isn't a great supervillain. She's just crazy.
Most of that is what is known as a joke. He doesn't think Wesley touches up his mom in her sleep either. :roll:
sayla0079
Captain

Post by sayla0079 »

Madner Kami wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:05 am What cracks? There are canyons. Remember that people like Troi, Ezri and the people who hand-waved Ezri's lack of experience and education at the whim of the Sisko, are responsible for the psych-evaluation of the personell?
In fairness with Ezri we never saw her before she was joined so for all we know she might have been an excellent counselor before everything.
Last edited by sayla0079 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

He seems to still dislike Wesley, though, and he was fine once Season 3 came around.
Scififan
Officer

Post by Scififan »

What is up with the whole Harry Kim hate? I mean, sure I get Neelix but why is he described as so useless?
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

He's weird.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Scififan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 am What is up with the whole Harry Kim hate? I mean, sure I get Neelix but why is he described as so useless?
I don't think useless is the right description, the joke is that Janeway sets him up to fail. The main theme regarding Kim (and a highly accurate one unlike Janeway being a supervillain) is that he is a closet. He is in love with Tom but because he can't have Tom thanks to the latter being firmly heterosexual he keeps going after completely unattainable women or makes excuses not to be with the ones that he can have just so he doesn't have to come out. ''Prime Factors'' is the ultimate example of this, where he has a willing and very attractive woman clearly begging for it and he just shrugs and runs off to talk about the foldspacing teleporter that isn't going anywhere.
TrueMetis
Officer

Post by TrueMetis »

clearspira wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:21 am
Scififan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 am What is up with the whole Harry Kim hate? I mean, sure I get Neelix but why is he described as so useless?
I don't think useless is the right description, the joke is that Janeway sets him up to fail. The main theme regarding Kim (and a highly accurate one unlike Janeway being a supervillain) is that he is a closet. He is in love with Tom but because he can't have Tom thanks to the latter being firmly heterosexual he keeps going after completely unattainable women or makes excuses not to be with the ones that he can have just so he doesn't have to come out. ''Prime Factors'' is the ultimate example of this, where he has a willing and very attractive woman clearly begging for it and he just shrugs and runs off to talk about the foldspacing teleporter that isn't going anywhere.
See maybe I'm nuts, but I don't really see any issue with not having a one-night stand with someone you will never see again and instead working on something that might get me home. Like Kim's hardly the only one excited and wants to look into this.

When people say stuff like this all I can think is what is wrong with you? Are you unable to go 15 minutes without masturbating or something? Half of the "proof" Harry Kim is in the closet is "Harry Kim has basic self control and doesn't try and fuck everything that moves, he must be gay!"