This site would be way more fun in the naughties...

For anything and everything that's not already covered in the other forums. Except for that which is forbidden. Check the forum guidelines to make sure or risk the wrath of the warrior cobalt tarantulas!
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Re: This site would be way more fun in the naughties...

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:18 am
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 am I guess that makes it hard to choose between the 4 options of the past being shittier or better and the present being shittier or better.
You can use the OP as context and compass.
Are you really willing to give up the technological and medical advances of today in favor of people knowing less about cultural issues?
..What mirror universe?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:03 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:39 am I guess that makes it hard to choose between the 4 options of the past being shittier or better and the present being shittier or better.
Are you really willing to give up the technological and medical advances of today in favor of people knowing less about cultural issues?
They know more because...?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:47 pm
Well I went to college for one.
..What mirror universe?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 pm
Is this 1950? Is that supposed to mean something?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:54 pm
Is this 1950? Is that supposed to mean something?
Well a well rounded education can help in understanding social issues as they're brought up from day to day on social media for instance.
..What mirror universe?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:35 pm Well a well rounded education can help in understanding social issues as they're brought up from day to day on social media for instance.
Listening to what people who say in a Facebook / Twitter bubble looks like a horrible idea.

I fail to see how college inherently makes someone better at predicting or analyzing politics.
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Slash Gallagher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:41 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:35 pm Well a well rounded education can help in understanding social issues as they're brought up from day to day on social media for instance.
Listening to what people who say in a Facebook / Twitter bubble looks like a horrible idea.
Then don't do that?
I fail to see how college inherently makes someone better at predicting or analyzing politics.
Inherently? I know that not everybody takes social science heavy curriculums, and yeah there's always questionable mindsets that come out of even those programs, but higher education overall enhances critical assessment of affairs through empirical based training.
..What mirror universe?
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

..What mirror universe?
Karha of Honor
Captain

Post by Karha of Honor »

BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:46 am Image
I have no idea WTF this is about.
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 am
Then don't do that?
Inherently? I know that not everybody takes social science heavy curriculums, and yeah there's always questionable mindsets that come out of even those programs, but higher education overall enhances critical assessment of affairs through empirical based training.
I indicated that i do that?

I am not sure that i see clear evidence...
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Slash Gallagher wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:13 pm
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:46 am
I have no idea WTF this is about.
I just thought it was funny.
BridgeConsoleMasher wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:32 am
Then don't do that?
I indicated that i do that?

I am not sure that i see clear evidence...
I'm not sure what you specifically would have to do with it.
..What mirror universe?