Doctor Who: Utopia, Sound of Drums and Last of the Timelords

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
Sir Will
Officer

Re: Doctor Who: Utopia, Sound of Drums and Last of the Timelords

Post by Sir Will »

CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:23 pm
Sir Will wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:50 am

:roll:
Don't pull faces. If the wind changes then it will stick like that, my grandma used to say.

It is perfectly possible to not like something, and I'm allowed to have my own feelings.
You are allowed to not like something, yes. Though given some of the other posts your feelings are suspect. Anyway, you are free to not like something. There are plenty of legitimate issues with the latest season. All the doom and gloom shit though is idiotic. And that 'saying' is also idiotic. If a course can't be changed, how did it change in the first place?
Ghilz
Officer

Post by Ghilz »

Sir Will wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm You are allowed to not like something, yes. Though given some of the other posts your feelings are suspect. Anyway, you are free to not like something.
"You're allowed to like something"

"But your feelings are suspect"

... o_O

Does one need to provide you evidence of their own enjoyment or lack of thereof of a thing?
Jonathan101
Captain

Post by Jonathan101 »

Fianna wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:22 am Why didn't the "make people like and trust me" satellites work on the U.S. Prez? Or are they just not strong enough to compensate for the Master acting like that much of a jackass?
It probably works only on television signals etc., not in person. Hence him chewing out his own cabinet for being a bunch of traitors who only joined him because he was getting popular, and neither he nor they respecting each other much.

On a different note, that "President-Elect" thing raises questions about when this is set. US elections are in November so yet by the weather and costumes it looks like Spring or something.

Plus, UK elections are a little arbitrary, but usually they are held in or around April, which would make sense for everything else (including the airdate of the episode) except, again, the President-Elect thing.

Presumably just a writing mistake, but makes you wonder if something big happened in America in the Who-verse that they had to elect a new President fast.
RobbyB1982
Captain

Post by RobbyB1982 »

Ghilz wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:38 pm I remember that early during new series 3, the interwebs figured out that Mister Saxon was gonna be the Master long before this trilogy because it's an anagram of "Master no 6", and thus there was going to be the 6th actor to play the master. And since John Simm had been announced to guest star this season, people figured out pretty early he was gonna be it.

...Only for this clue to stop making sense when John Simm, who plays Mr. Saxon, turned out to be the Seventh Actor to play the role coz RTD and his crew forgot to account for Derek Jacobi being in their own plot. In hindsight this should've been an alarm bell for this three parter.
That was the War Master. He doesn't count! Yeh, that's the ticket!

Same way doctor 9 and 12 aren't officially counted... because War was a retcon and 12 was Tennant part 2, and no one wanted to deal with the headaches of having to renumber all the merchandising when they decided Smith was actually the 11th doctor, 12th regeneration, 13th body.

So we just count 8 War 9 and gloss over the rest as nerd minutia now.

Or, you know, they just messed up because they came up with their season end reveals at the end then worked them in retroactively like Bad Wolf.
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Sir Will wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:56 pm
CrypticMirror wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:23 pm
Sir Will wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:50 am

:roll:
Don't pull faces. If the wind changes then it will stick like that, my grandma used to say.

It is perfectly possible to not like something, and I'm allowed to have my own feelings.
You are allowed to not like something, yes. Though given some of the other posts your feelings are suspect. Anyway, you are free to not like something. There are plenty of legitimate issues with the latest season. All the doom and gloom shit though is idiotic. And that 'saying' is also idiotic. If a course can't be changed, how did it change in the first place?
Having doom and gloom feelings when your favourite franchises are turning to s- is pretty normal. Maybe you like watching boring, pandering rubbish with low viewing figures but we don't.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Ah, yes, because the show was running just fine until some dumb little woman came along and ruined all the boys' fun, huh?
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
SlackerinDeNile
Officer

Post by SlackerinDeNile »

CrypticMirror wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:51 pm
Deledrius wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:03 am
Sir Will wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:31 am They're out next week (though some Patreon users have seen them). This is certainly a long thread for episodes not out yet though, yeah.
That seems to be happening a lot lately?
Yeah, preemptive threads suck. Is it so hard to just wait?
I wasn't sure what most people thought of this trend, I just decided to make this thread early because I know a lot of people have mixed feelings and quite a lot to say about these episodes. If most of the forum gets sick of pre-emptive episode threads then I will vow to never make one again.
"I am to liquor what the Crocodile Hunter is to Alligators." - Afroman
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:02 pm Ah, yes, because the show was running just fine until some dumb little woman came along and ruined all the boys' fun, huh?
I don't know who that was aimed at but I assume me. There are NUMEROUS reasons why Trek, Wars and Who have turned to crap in the last few years beyond Micheal Spock, MaRey Sue and Dr X Chromosome; many of which I have catalogued in such detail on here that even I am bored of writing about them.

My problem with Thirteen beyond the politics as I have already said is the complete beigeness of her incarnation. There is NOTHING new about this series. It is the same show, only now with a woman. If you like watching the same show continuously then great, but fact is that this show has been going with the same formula since 2005 and it is boring. And yeah, I maintain that the fact that no one on here has been posting discussions about her episodes is great evidence that I am not alone.

But sure, the girls alone ruined my fun. If that makes you feel better then continue to think it whilst the show suffers some of the lowest ratings of New Who.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Actually, it wasn't to you. It was just my frustration regarding those I see this about online.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
clearspira
Overlord

Post by clearspira »

Yukaphile wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:48 pm Actually, it wasn't to you. It was just my frustration regarding those I see this about online.
Sorry. I just assumed as you were beneath me and you don't tend to use quotes.