Favorite SF Debris joke?

This forum is for discussing Chuck's videos as they are publicly released. And for bashing Neelix, but that's just repeating what I already said.
sayla0079
Captain

Re: Favorite SF Debris joke?

Post by sayla0079 »

If we mean individual jokes I thought the one at the end of the field of fire review with Ezri pleading her case was funny.
Deledrius
Captain

Post by Deledrius »

Lizuka wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:14 am Yeah, the Nicotine Nemo bit is hilarious.
I think this one's my favorite long-form gag.
Fuzzy Necromancer
Overlord

Post by Fuzzy Necromancer »

Eh, I never really >>got<< Nicotine Nemo.
"Believe me, there’s nothing so terrible that someone won’t support it."
— Un Lun Dun, China Mieville
BridgeConsoleMasher
Overlord

Post by BridgeConsoleMasher »

Necro I thought it was established that you're not allowed outside of the News forum.
..What mirror universe?
Blaze Rocker
Redshirt

Post by Blaze Rocker »

Parody Janeway to the remainder of Ransom's crew, "One of you will be in charge of juggling live cobras. The rest of you ... won't be so lucky."

Second favorite from 'Course Oblivion'
"Neelix is to medicine what The Three Stooges . . . are to medicine."
Last edited by Blaze Rocker on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

If we're including "mean-spirited" jokes, then my favorite would be...

"I personally like to pretend that one of the smugglers on board is Okona. It makes me smile just thinking about it."
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
planescaped
Redshirt

Post by planescaped »

Definitely his scientific explanation of religion in Sacred Ground. I myself often joked about god being an alien explaining complex scientific theories which were translated into caveman.

I used Adam's DNA to make Eve.

So you mean the bones?

XD
Independent George
Officer

Post by Independent George »

My favorite is the Flowers for Algernon/Specterman bait-and-switch in TNG's The Nth Degree. It was the combination of how completely unexpected it was, and Chuck's matter-of-fact delivery.

"The episode is no doubt drawing on the classic science fiction tragedy I'm sure you're all familiar with. The story of a retarded man who underwent an experimental procedure to improve his intelligence, and thus became a genius, then reaches its tragic end when he transforms into a giant brain monster and must be defeated by an enormous martial arts alien robot as told in the classic Specterman two-parter, Bobby Don't Be a Monster, and Genius Monster Norman."
Yukaphile
Overlord

Post by Yukaphile »

Dunno if this counts as a joke, but another favorite is, well... "Well, that's enough of this whole interrogation thing. Time for Seska and her big, scary needle." It's said so seriously, I laugh every time.
"A culture's teachings - and more importantly, the nature of its people - achieve definition in conflict. They find themselves, or find themselves lacking."
— Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords
Trinary
Officer

Post by Trinary »

I'm trying to recall where one of my favorite "jokes" (if you could call it that) is from. He's talking about the difference between saying something that's nonsense and saying something that's stupid in science-fiction, making a montage contrasting one to the other:

Nonsense: reversing the polarity of the neutron flow.
Stupid: DNA traveling via lightning strike.

Anyone recall that?