The Orville

For all topics regarding speculative fiction of every stripe. Otherwise known as the Geek Cave.
Durandal_1707
Captain

Re: The Orville

Post by Durandal_1707 »

That... was a damn good episode.

If they manage not to blow the resolution, this might be this show's "Grow the Beard" moment.
Robovski
Captain

Post by Robovski »

I am very much looking forward to how they resolve the matter or if this develops a new arc or status quo. It's not easy for a show to make permanent changes (they're scary) but it looks like we've got a boatload coming.
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Eh, I still think Isaac will come around in some way and won't leave the show over this.
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

Sir Will wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:14 am Eh, I still think Isaac will come around in some way and won't leave the show over this.
they're not going to kill off Isaac---he's the breakout character that alluded Not-Seth-Green or LaMar.

will be happy to be proven wrong---which will mean that there are actual stakes on the show and not just a series of tropes.
LittleRaven
Captain

Post by LittleRaven »

Holy crap. The Orville is kinda awesome now.
PerrySimm
Captain

Post by PerrySimm »

Yowza! Whether it is the will of Avis or Alamo that binds us, who can say?

Granted, we seem to have basically nailed down much of the conclusion from our armchairs after part one, but Vonnegut did once say something nice about writing so that the audience knows what happens if the last bit of the book falls off.

So... is Ty the Wesley Crusher now, or what?
UGxlYXNlIHByb3ZpZGUgeW91ciBjaGFsbGVuZ2UgcmVzcG9uc2UgZm9yIFJFRCA5NC4K
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Please don't let Ty be Wesley Crusher. I like Ty. I don't want to some day wish Isaac had finished him off before changing sides.

So my guess as to the resolution was...slightly off the mark. But the episode was, IMO, really good. Not flawless. Best of Both Worlds wasn't flawless, either. But it was enjoyable, and set the stage for further character development for Isaac and Dr. Finn (two of my favorite characters on the show, and their romance has gone a lot better than I'd feared).
Sir Will
Officer

Post by Sir Will »

Great episode. Gordon, Kelly, Ty, Isaac, and especially Yaphit MVPs!

Ty makes up for being dumb and getting Talla shot. Given the preview for next week, I do hope 'getting shot' doesn't become her thing.
Darth Wedgius
Captain

Post by Darth Wedgius »

Someone on YouTube (MechaRandom42) suggested that The Orville is ST:TNG with SG-1's humor. For Orville's late season 1 and season 2 I think that's pretty close.
technobabbler
Officer

Post by technobabbler »

to nitpick, after the end of the battle nothing would've stopped the Krill from attacking Earth.

I would've liked a throwaway line from the Krill Commander acknowledging this and saying that there has been enough dying for one day. And it is not the will of Avis.

Give the baddies a bit more humanity and appreciation for saving the naive humans who let a Trojan Horse into their midst.